What's new

NYC Traditional Wet-Shaving MeetUp?

With the ongoing revival and rise of traditional wet-shaving, old-school barbershops, and period men's grooming styles and sartorial fashions, it occurs to me that I'd like a place to go to meet others into this scene. I'd be fascinated to:
  1. Learn from experts: Meet guys who've been at it for a long time and experts who can share techniques, give demos, teach
  2. Get Guidance: on how to shave. Hands on clinics on dealing with techniques, tools, issues, challenges.
  3. Learn about styles: historical and regional men's grooming and fashion styles, who wore them, who wears them, and how to recreate them
  4. Check out hard and software: see, touch, test-shave vintage, reproduction, and contemporary wet-shaving hardware and software
  5. Buy: that stuff
  6. Meet: others into this scene
  7. Find out where to learn more
  8. Join: groups and get engaged
Who might organize a straight razor meetup for NYC? At a barber shop, Art of Shaving or the like after hours, even someone's home. I'd appreciate the opportunity to observe shaving methods, blade grip, pass techniques, stropping, honing, and... whatever else there is, and talk SR shop. It'd be cool to have hobbyists and vendors there with products to check out, who might defray costs. Attendance could be free, set fee, or suggested donation.

Have a drink, a snack, and it'd be a party. And/or a mini-trade show. Or a wet-shaving tupperware party. Or all the above...?

Other than the NY Shaving Society and FSC, which are only the class part, is there anything like this in NYC?

Anyone else who'd want to go to something like this? Who'd like to help organize? Contact me.

All lathered up,

BarbaGnosa

We are having a meet up Sunday aug 10 @ 9 am. 420 west merrick rd. Valley stream ny 11580

Almost all are covered at the meet up
Free honing gifts and prizes

Thanks to all who attended today great time as usual.. Also a big shout out to gingers garden, stiriling soaps,how to grow a moustache , mamma bears and captains choice for the kind donations.. Lots of guys left happy..thanks to bill, Nelson, Sam , Geoff and anybody else I left out !!

Thanks to all who attended today great time as usual.. Also a big shout out to gingers garden, stiriling soaps,how to grow a moustache , mamma bears and captains choice for the kind donations.. Lots of guys left happy..thanks to bill, Nelson, Sam , Geoff and anybody else I left out !!

Nice to see you and all again, Airportcopper!

Thanks to all who made it happen and I look forward to November :thumbup:

Top Bottom