What's new

Pen Review: Miller Needle Point Flex

$Photo Jun 12, 1 58 50 PM.jpg

Intro

Got a new pen in the mail today. Very excited about it. I have been looking for a full flex - wet noodle with a needlepoint. Finally I found one! It has been fully restored and tuned by Greg Minuskin. This is a wonderful pen. I love the line variation, the needlepoint, and the flow!

Construction and Quality

This is a vintage pen but looks near brand new. The construction is well-made. And it looks great. It has been restored so I don’t know what kind of condition it was in before. But judging by the end result either Greg is a miracle worker or it wasn’t in terrible condition. This pen is small. See the picture below compared to my Waterman 54, a converter, and a Pelikan M6something Niagara Falls.

Nib Performance

I love the line variation. And being a full-flex rather than a super-flex or wet noodle. It is nice for writing letters with just a little line variation and then switching right to full flexing. The nib is a little scratchy but not anymore than you would expect from a needle point. Overall very satisfied. Once again very small. Probably the smallest nib I have ever seen.

Filling System and Maintenance

The filling system uses a lever filler. It works well, I prefer a piston filler but it get’s the job done.

Cost and Value

I am quite happy with the purchase. I paid $125 which is less for the pen than I am for a repair and restoration of another pen. I believe it was a very fair price. It is a nice looking pen. Not sure why I keep buying brown pens though... lol.

Conclusion

I really enjoy this pen. It is a wonderful writing experience and I look forward to continuing to improving my writing by practicing hours upon hours with it!

$Photo Jun 12, 2 17 55 PM.jpg $Photo Jun 12, 2 20 42 PM.jpg

Sorry for the weird lighting it keeps getting very sunny and very dark in the matter of minutes.

Top Bottom