What's new

House of Fuller Restore with new ACE Finest knot

Well, ACE Shaving came up with their smaller version of the Finest.

I introduce the ACE Shaving 19 mm Finest designed as a direct replacement for many brushes from Ever Ready, Made Rite, Erskine, and the House of Fuller brush as shown below.

proxy.php

This House of Fuller brush has been filled / weighted to provide a solid feel and centralized heft when holding the handle.

Nice. Looks very much like the Mohawk 3-338 handle. I set a 20mm WoodCraft badger in that handle at 50mm. It filled the opening nicely. It looks as though that knot, although it is called 19mm, filled the opening nicely. I guess my questions are: How big was the opening and how much does the knot bulge above the plug? It looks to be a perfect fit. I'm sure there will be some variability in knot dimensions.

That's my kind of brush right there. Modern badger performance with retro style. Nice work as usual.

Ronnie

Nice. Looks very much like the Mohawk 3-338 handle. I set a 20mm WoodCraft badger in that handle at 50mm. It filled the opening nicely. It looks as though that knot, although it is called 19mm, filled the opening nicely. I guess my questions are: How big was the opening and how much does the knot bulge above the plug? It looks to be a perfect fit. I'm sure there will be some variability in knot dimensions.

Hole is 20.1 mm and the knot is 19.3 mm. I have another one that is also 19.3 mm. The overall loft is 69 mm (including the base) so you will increase the hole depth because these tend to make replicas of the long lofted brushes that were originally in the NYC made brushes of the 1940s and 1950s.

Perfect! Thanks! Might put that in a handle I have waiting for a knot, a red and cream ER 100 with a 20mm opening.

Last edited:
And where does one purchase these? I have a couple of the 24mm finest I got from a popular auction site, but see no 19mm listed.

Klopstick, try aliexpress.com, he sells these the smaller sized knots in 3 and 4 packs. I purchased 4 finest and 3 best from Ace recently but have yet to install any in a handle. I seem to have more ambition than time.

Classy restore GD!

My Ace 19mm Finest knots just arrived from aliexpress.com and they look pretty darn nice! I have a handle all ready to go and will put it all together over the weekend and take this knot for a test drive.

Top Bottom