What's new

Advice on my choices for a starter set.

You won't be disappointed with the Safari, I have a Lamy Vista which is the same pen but transparent and I love it. I did find that I needed to write a page or two for the nib to bed in and give its best but it writes beautifully now. Nibs are also cheap and easy to replace if you want to try a different width. It's an excellent work horse.

Oxblood is a great ink, I love the colour. Please bear in mind that this is not a water-resistant ink, so don't spill anything on it.

A bottle of ink will last a long time. Diamine bottles hold 80ml, I've never measured the capacity of a Lamy converter but I estimate it to be approx .75 ml. If I'm right, you could fill your pen 106 times from one bottle.

Thanks chris.hale, I am not so worried about the ink being waterproof. I hardly shower and write at the same time. As a matter of fact I have never written while in the shower. Or out in the rain. lol

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lamy is a great choice, if you like the shape (some do not). The nibs are a breeze to swap. I have left my Al-Star (aluminum version of the Safari) sitting unused for 3 weeks, picked it up, and it started right away.

Top Bottom