What's new

A blue as vibrant as Noodler's Bay State but less pen ruin and stainy.

I like the almost obnoxious look of bay state blue, but I don't want to put it in my pen as I have read it can damage them. Anyone know of one that is similar but not damaging? Thanks!

Before it is said I have looked at Goulet. It seems Private Reserve American Blue may be close, but it's hard to tell online. Looking a for a personal reference! I also dislike buying samples, trying it, finding out I dont like it, cleaning the pen out, drying it, and repeating the process. Especially since I am just looking for a near obnoxious blue for my flex pen writing :) Thanks!

Last edited:
subscribed

I have an almost full bottle of BSB that I refuse to use anymore because of how it stained my Waterman.

Almost same thing here. It stained my converter and realized the one time I didn't read the reviews or the description. I missed something pretty important lol

Thanks for the recommendations so far!

Sailor Sky High and Sailor Jentle Sky High are the same correct? Better safe than sorry?

Last edited:
As far as I know there is only jentle... cameras can make inks look very different, though goulet pictures usually show acurate to ink colours

Sailor jentle sky high was what I was referring to though
I have a review in the review stickies

subscribed

I have an almost full bottle of BSB that I refuse to use anymore because of how it stained my Waterman.

Get a Platinum Preppy and dedicate BSB to that pen. The Preppy is a nice pen for the price and has the same nib as the more expensive Plaisir.

Not quite as "in your face" as Bay State Blue, but Noodler's "Liberty's Elysium" is a very, very nice, rich blue. (Available only through gouletpens.com, but that makes it even better!)

proxy.php

As far as I know there is only jentle... cameras can make inks look very different, though goulet pictures usually show acurate to ink colours

Sailor jentle sky high was what I was referring to though
I have a review in the review stickies

Thanks for the recommendation! I love the color. It isn't quite as obnoxious but I think it is going to become my everyday ink.

I like the almost obnoxious look of bay state blue, but I don't want to put it in my pen as I have read it can damage them. Anyone know of one that is similar but not damaging? Thanks!

On a side note this from the reknown web page, Glen's Pens on Ink.

Baystate

I tried the Baystate Blue because of its incredibly intense colour. But once some ink got on my hand, and I could not get it off for for a long period of time I became concerned. A spill on my desk and the stain that lasts and lasts did it for me. The Baystate colours are also reported to have a alkaline levels that are hard on pen, especially celluloid.

You can read all about ink here. http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/ink/

On a side note this from the reknown web page, Glen's Pens on Ink.

Baystate

I tried the Baystate Blue because of its incredibly intense colour. But once some ink got on my hand, and I could not get it off for for a long period of time I became concerned. A spill on my desk and the stain that lasts and lasts did it for me. The Baystate colours are also reported to have a alkaline levels that are hard on pen, especially celluloid.

You can read all about ink here. http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/ink/

Yeah. Another reason I was looking for a color like bay state blue. I can live with it on my fingers a few days. But I don't want to risk getting it on my suits, any of my nice shirts, or my desk. I have a feeling I am going to try to give it away.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I also dislike buying samples, trying it, finding out I dont like it, cleaning the pen out, drying it, and repeating the process.

But ... but ... but ... that's half the fun!!

:blink:

Yeah. Another reason I was looking for a color like bay state blue. I can live with it on my fingers a few days. But I don't want to risk getting it on my suits, any of my nice shirts, or my desk. I have a feeling I am going to try to give it away.

Most inks are going to leave a noticeable mark on your suit/shirt if they stain ... if that is your main concern, then maybe you want to ask about the easiest to remove inks, rather than ones that are slightly easier to remove than BSB.

Most inks are going to leave a noticeable mark on your suit/shirt if they stain ... if that is your main concern, then maybe you want to ask about the easiest to remove inks, rather than ones that are slightly easier to remove than BSB.

The dry cleaner has gotten all ink spots out with no problems. I don't want to temp fate with BSB if it is indeed the properties that cause it to stain everything.

Top Bottom