What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

dangerousdon - like several others here, you've done a rocking job of conveying your thoughts on these... thank you for that!

Glad some new things have been added as well. I hope some of what has been added and some of what you've reviewed will be there when it comes around to me, lol. I haven't smelled any of those that I recall!

Also appreciate your PMing me the update... no problem on the box, we understand the circumstances. Work and family are always number 1, and especially for those in the public service or military. Been in the DoD and IC world my whole career also... not always easy.

44 [MENTION=86031]Tarquinius[/MENTION] (3/6/15) - box in hand 3/19/16 - Whee!!
45 [MENTION=83312]lfs70[/MENTION] (3/17/15) - ".. nice selection of frag samples that I would gladly add to the box"
46 [MENTION=67355]AndroiDad75[/MENTION] (3/27/15)
47 [MENTION=90219]preston1000[/MENTION] (4/10/15)
48 [MENTION=1921]chef8489[/MENTION] (5/08/15)
49 [MENTION=102660]BJ Rose[/MENTION] (6/03/15) "hoping I could jump"
50 [MENTION=81024]PGHChris[/MENTION] (11/19/14) - bumped from top to bottom - needs to contact me to get bumped back higher
51 @pdfde (9/23/15) - looking for special literary professorial scent
52 [MENTION=67655]Zombeezy[/MENTION] (9/27/15)
53 [MENTION=94449]Blaidth[/MENTION] (12/27/15)
54 [MENTION=99168]polishaver[/MENTION] (2/1/16)
55 [MENTION=102030]FrankM[/MENTION]assa (3/4/16)
:::List currently maintained by Zombeezy:::

dangerousdon - like several others here, you've done a rocking job of conveying your thoughts on these... thank you for that!

Glad some new things have been added as well. I hope some of what has been added and some of what you've reviewed will be there when it comes around to me, lol. I haven't smelled any of those that I recall!

Also appreciate your PMing me the update... no problem on the box, we understand the circumstances. Work and family are always number 1, and especially for those in the public service or military. Been in the DoD and IC world my whole career also... not always easy.

Thanks for the kind words. I am going to keep watching the page and putting two cents in when I think it's appropriate. It was a lot of fun.

Vlad, no summary post, but:
one box got lost and never turned back up;
a couple of key members worked hard at getting a new box stood up again;
a few boxes, usually due to the huge amount of contents, arrived in pretty poor condition so great efforts were made to beef up the shipping box.

A few members here that you see on almost every page have been tremendous. I don't know how any of them have a life outside of this forum, lol. Pretty remarkable. You'll see their names again and again... they are responsible for many thoughtful considerations for methods for everything from how to prepare ahead of time for the box to where to get empty bottles to how to mark bottles, to how to ship and when to start getting next address in preparation for shipping.

We do have many that as their time gets nearer, they start participating more in anticipation. Really works out pretty well.

rickcharles606, you are in!

44 [MENTION=86031]Tarquinius[/MENTION] (3/6/15) - box in hand 3/19/16 - Whee!!
45 [MENTION=83312]lfs70[/MENTION] (3/17/15) - ".. nice selection of frag samples that I would gladly add to the box"
46 [MENTION=67355]AndroiDad75[/MENTION] (3/27/15)
47 [MENTION=90219]preston1000[/MENTION] (4/10/15)
48 [MENTION=1921]chef8489[/MENTION] (5/08/15)
49 [MENTION=102660]BJ Rose[/MENTION] (6/03/15) "hoping I could jump"
50 [MENTION=81024]PGHChris[/MENTION] (11/19/14) - bumped from top to bottom - needs to contact me to get bumped back higher
52 [MENTION=67655]Zombeezy[/MENTION] (9/27/15)
53 [MENTION=94449]Blaidth[/MENTION] (12/27/15)
54 [MENTION=99168]polishaver[/MENTION] (2/1/16)
55 [MENTION=102030]FrankM[/MENTION]assa (3/4/16)
56 [MENTION=34672]rickcharles606[/MENTION] (3/27/16)

Hey guys! I wanted to share a review of the Silver Fox soap sample I shaved with yesterday. Actually there were two separate ones...sort of. I will share the links but also post below. If you have it...try it. If you have the box and it is still there...take one and try it. It is really good stuff.

See posts 69 and 70 on page 4: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/454387-Best-Shaving-Soap-Make-your-Own/page4

Post 69 - "Lee...thanks again for sharing your knowledge and soap. I shaved with your soap this morning and I think the version I have is unscented...just smells like good ole' soap. I want to reserve a full review for later today. I like to evaluate my shaves in the afternoon or evening so I can judge the post shave feel. However, to let you know...I am very impressed so far. Details to come later."

Post 70 - "@LBussy

So the day has come and gone and as promised I am back here with a review. First and foremost, I shaved after I showered this morning and I used a pre-shave mixture of carrier oils like I always do. This soap lathered just at least as well as Mystic Waters, WSP Formula T, and PannaCrema (the regular line not Nuavia...sorry Lee). I had a a sample size that was in the shape of a wedge...like a puck of soap was divided into pie like pieces. I wet a side of the soap and smeared it lightly on my face. I took my Omega Pro 49 that had been soaking while I was in the shower and started spreading the soap across my beard area. It didn't take long for a lather to start to build. Once distributed evenly across my face, I then worked water into the lather by dipping the tips of the brush in some water and applying to the lather in circular motions. The lather built very quick.

The shave was smooth and offered lot of protection, glide, and protection. This wasn't the slickest soap I have ever had, but it was plenty slick. Shave was good...I take that back...the shave was great.

Here is where I differentiate most soaps...post shave feel. Like I said above, this soap is very much like the fore-mentioned. I equate this judgement mostly to lathering and post shave feel. My face felt very moisturized all day long. This soap provided one of the better post shave feels I have experienced.

I didn't mention anything about the scent because...well..this one smells like soap. But it definitely wasn't unpleasant. All this being said...this is a great soap...one of the better ones I have ever tried. When my soap making abilities are better, I am definitely going to make this one. Thanks again Lee for the opportunity to try and review this.

Hope you all enjoy!

How does one get on the list? Is it like one of the other traveling boxes that you wait until it is shipped, then rush to get your name in?

How does one get on the list? Is it like one of the other traveling boxes that you wait until it is shipped, then rush to get your name in?

You also want to know what's in the box, right?!

Me, I'm totally chill about it. I'm ok now knowing. :whistling:

I don't need to know what's in the box. I've read enough of the posts to have an idea of what's in there.
I just need to get my name on the list. :thumbup1:

TriggerMan, you're added to the list now.

I'll repost the list with your name on it after I've checked on another name that might need adding.

~Zombeezy

OK, validated names. Slight adjustment... I missed that Vlad was in before rickcharles606.

I put the dates that the member signed up on. Roughly, the box arrival is about a year out. Sometimes we get them before then, sometimes after... we all have other lives and commitments, and sometimes things seem out of our control. All we ask for is being reasonable, communicating the status, and trying to give it your best attention just before and throughout testing/evaluating to sending it off again.

Thanks folks!!!! This has been a super adventure, with tremendous efforts and support even by those who are no longer on the list. You'll see there names with frequency here even still :)

44 @Tarquinius (3/6/15) - box in hand 3/19/16 - Whee!!
45 @lfs70 (3/17/15) - ".. nice selection of frag samples that I would gladly add to the box"
46 @AndroiDad75 (3/27/15)
47 @preston1000 (4/10/15)
48 @chef8489 (5/08/15)
49 @BJ Rose (6/03/15) "hoping I could jump"
50 @PGHChris (11/19/14) - bumped from top to bottom - needs to contact me to get bumped back higher
52 @Zombeezy (9/27/15)
53 @Blaidth (12/27/15)
54 @polishaver (2/1/16)
55 @FrankMassa (3/4/16)
56 @Vlad (3/18/16)
57 @rickcharles606 (3/27/16)
58 @TriggerMan (4/8/16)

Last edited:
Hey Tarquinius, any updates yet? Doesn't mean you have to be done, just like to get an idea of werhe yo are and expect to wrap up and ship.

I know that sometimes PMs ahve been going on behind the scenes so were aren't always aware of progress, but just a gentle reminder to PM the next person on the list well ahead of time. Sometimes we can't get hold of the next on the list and this gives us time to get the address of the one following so we don't waste a couple of weeks just figuring out this part.

Thanks... All, enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Go Caps!
~Z

Top Bottom