What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

how do i know who is next on the list so i can get this out later this week? i have tried to re-bag things as best i could and hopefully pack it enough to not have this happen again. sadly when they handle stuff like a football no box will prevent damage. i used very little of each one i wanted to test because many are very low. added a couple in also.

OK all, here is what I am going to do. I have at least 25 samples that I can add, plus I can bottle and label maybe another 5. If mastershake would like to check them out, I will send them to him directly, but then he'd have to forward them to moostashio, meaning that mastershake had to pay for two shipments. If I had thought about it earlier, I would have sent them out last week to him. I'll go through them and figure it out tonight.

mastershake, you'll need to IM moostashio to ask for his address and give him an idea of when you will be able to send to him.

Because kbull719 has had the box before, I'd like to get an assessment from him as to how things are now compared to when he had it last, to know if we need a better box, a larger box, better packing guidelines, whatever.

31 mastershake (1/01/14)

32 moostashio (1/09/14)
33 kbull719 (5/12/14)
34 LBussy (5/23/14) "if the SO is into it, it makes it a whole lot easier"
35 mrlandpirate (5/24/14) Personna Grata
36 dfoulk (7/7/14)
37 USMCKoontz (7/17/14)
38 Joe I (7/18/14)
39 jmurphy (7/18/14) - dead last is better than being dead
40 smoothie72 (7/25/14) - can't get enough
41 SkepticalWalrus (10/07/14)
42 PGHChris (11/19/14)
43 jdawgl (11/22/14)
44 eventi (11/23/14)

going to get this out monday or tues depending on work schedule. i did get a new usps box for it and ill try to pack it as well as i can i re-bagged many of the scents with good ziplock baggies. ill pm him today and get the shipping info. a couple new scents i do like a couple others i liked but couldnt read the labels on (ink ran) so im not sure honestly what they are lol.

I'll make a list of what I will add to the collection to help get it back in shape. By saying it here, it is encouraging me to do it now instead of putting it off. Intent is for it to catch up to the box to be added to it.

Argh, the bad news is that most of my 30+ 0.5ml sample bottles, although used once, are down to almost nothing. These are not manufacturer sample bottles, but 1.0ml spray bottles that apparently let contents evaporate much more than I realized. I need to rethink what I may add to the box now as almost empty vials isn't very good. I can decant some from my large bottles, but this is going to be a post-Christmas thing now instead of getting it out the door quickly.

Where do you guys get quality bottles for samples that don't allow evaporation? I'll have to pick some up for my additions before my turn as well. I remember seeing someone post something about these a while back but you had to buy them in large quantities. I don't need 50 of these so if this is the only way for me to get them then I'd be interested in possibly splitting an order with someone.

Where do you guys get quality bottles for samples that don't allow evaporation? I'll have to pick some up for my additions before my turn as well. I remember seeing someone post something about these a while back but you had to buy them in large quantities. I don't need 50 of these so if this is the only way for me to get them then I'd be interested in possibly splitting an order with someone.
This is from memory, but I think one of the sellers .. is it Archerfire? ... explained the economics of this and made a pretty good case for buying smaller quantities from him.

This is from memory, but I think one of the sellers .. is it Archerfire? ... explained the economics of this and made a pretty good case for buying smaller quantities from him.

Absolutely correct. Very good quality glass bottles with spray nozzles and caps at very good prices. Most of my samples are from him as well, but as I have seen, even those I only tried one squirt from a long time ago have evaporated to very little, while the hard to open 1ml vial bottles from Surrender to Chance and Lucky Scent are still at the levels I bought them at.

I love ArcherFire's bottles and his samples and empties are generous for the price. Perhaps I need to be more attentive to how tightly I screw assembly back in bottle since often I opened them up instead of sprayed. I also wonder if I kept them in a sealed plastic bag it would have made a difference.

Sorry, was thinking of LBussy but goofed it
Huh whuh?

Absolutely correct. Very good quality glass bottles with spray nozzles and caps at very good prices. Most of my samples are from him as well, but as I have seen, even those I only tried one squirt from a long time ago have evaporated to very little, while the hard to open 1ml vial bottles from Surrender to Chance and Lucky Scent are still at the levels I bought them at.

I love ArcherFire's bottles and his samples and empties are generous for the price. Perhaps I need to be more attentive to how tightly I screw assembly back in bottle since often I opened them up instead of sprayed. I also wonder if I kept them in a sealed plastic bag it would have made a difference.
Well I've not got much experience, that was just one of the nuggets I squirreled away in the gray matter in case I decided I needed a scent acquisition disorder. :001_smile

Huh whuh?

I thought kbull719 had the box before and wanted to get an assessment from him as to how things are now compared to when he had it last, to know if we need a better box, a larger box, better packing guidelines, whatever. But it was you I meant. Must have been because you both had a "U" in your names, lol.

Ah .. okay. I've not had it yet either obviously. Just waiting patiently. It is probably time to get some sample bottles however.

So what's the makeup of the box? Is it mostly cologne? Some AS?

LBussy, sorry man. One of these days I'l go back through and figure who had it and then got put back in line again, lol.

When the box originated, it was probably 95% edt and edp, mostly mens. Just a little aftershave. When it got to me, I added several bottles of aftershave to the other samples I put in and said "freebie" so that they wouldn't hang around, as I did with a few other items. Box was still about 90% edt and edp. In subsequent detail reports, I think it is probably 95% edt and edp, although if you can't tell what something is or evaporation or leakage has decimated a bottle, that ruins those as part of the experience.

Although almost all my samplers I was going to add are 'bout empty, I can still decant and add back to the box again maybe 5 or 6 3 to 5 ml bottles. I'd like to get a run-down of what we do have so we can figure what is needed to get this back up to snuff.

Is there an update to the list being sent by mastershake and being received by moostachio?

Realizing that the holidays is distracting everyone, still would like the status please. Thanks!

31 mastershake (1/01/14) - offloading
32 moostashio (1/09/14) - incoming
33 kbull719 (5/12/14)
34 LBussy (5/23/14) "if the SO is into it, it makes it a whole lot easier"
35 mrlandpirate (5/24/14) Personna Grata
36 dfoulk (7/7/14)
37 USMCKoontz (7/17/14)
38 Joe I (7/18/14)
39 jmurphy (7/18/14) - dead last is better than being dead
40 smoothie72 (7/25/14) - can't get enough
41 SkepticalWalrus (10/07/14)
42 PGHChris (11/19/14)
43 jdawgl (11/22/14)
44 eventi (11/23/14)

Hello gents,

Got the box today, and it's in kinda rough shape.

$IMG_0335.jpg

It is stuffed to the gills with goodies, however. I'm using paper strips to test the frags initially, then I'll wear the ones that seem promising.

There are many labels that are smeared and illegible. If one of them contains something really delicious, I'll try to figure out who added it and send them a PM. Most of the baggies are labeled.

I'll go through it as fast as I can, then I'll get a new box and repack it and throw in a few of my own (if they fit). I'll do my best to find a box that will stand up to USPS abuse (apologies to any postal workers). Many thanks to all who contributed. I've waited nearly a year (totally forgot about it), but it was worth it.

Jim (Moostashio)

wow what the heck?????? seriously what is going on with this??? they must be playing soccer with the box. i mean good god. it did not look like that when i sent it out. the box was not great (i tried to find a box at 4 post offices and they were both out of regional and med. flat rate ones. so on the 4th post office i had to ship in in a regional box i had which was not perfect but did not look that bad. i hope everything inside was okay i tried to carefully put everything in there and added what bubble stuff i could fit in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom