What's new

Ink Review: Private Reserve Orange Crush

$2013-05-03 22.39.38.jpg
$2013-05-03 22.38.18.jpg

Its a shame PR inks have noted issues with pen feeds, this is a wonderful high saturated colour that writes wonderfully. But ill keep an eye on how long I leave it in a pen to make sure i dont have stain issues or feed blockages

This was an absolute pleasure to write with and I enjoyed how it popped on the page as well

I love their Lake Placid Blue. But it will dry in a pen in a week or so. If you don't use it regularly, it drys and you have to wash it out.

Looks nice. What is Qbp?
its letters to close for you to see clearly lol

Qtip, you dunk a qtip then do a single line, the second one has two, the third has three, and the fourth has, you guessed it four. lets you see how saturated an ink is

this thread has made me thirsty though, I need a grape soda now

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We have kept Doug pretty busy lately with the edits to the Reference post. I say we double his pay.

We have kept Doug pretty busy lately with the edits to the Reference post. I say we double his pay.
Brian gets to them quickly too, its really run when you can get both of them trying for the same thread, im not toally sure what happens but i think its like crossing the streams

Yeah its here, got some purple, some orange, some blues, and also a turquoise... and a green

That is a color that I enjoyed very much when I got it. Over time, the ink in the bottle deteriorated to a dirty brown. Your mileage may vary.

Its the pigments in it PR and Noodlers are both bad for that you have to stir the bottles by tipping them or all the pigments will fall to the bottom and mess the colour.... also why these to can hurt a pen over a period of time if you done clean them very well

its letters to close for you to see clearly lol

Qtip, you dunk a qtip then do a single line, the second one has two, the third has three, and the fourth has, you guessed it four. lets you see how saturated an ink is

this thread has made me thirsty though, I need a grape soda now
Thanks for the explanation. It's so obvious now that I see it on a computer instead of my phone. I just got my first FP and have a lot to learn. Sorry about the delay. I've got to remember to check back on threads I've posted in, especially when I ask a question.

Last edited:
This is my favorite ink that I have right now. Good thing I stumbled across this thread, I didn't know that PR inks had a reputation for staining/clogging up pens. I will keep an eye on it and report back. I did notice that a bottle of Electric DC Blue that I had became very thick over time...

Top Bottom