What's new

Money-no-object Current-Production Cologne

I think probably Trumper's Milk of Flowers.

Hammam Bouquet makes me ill as well, and my wife turned her nose up, so there's the letterk vote. I can't say there's one cologne that absolutely amazes more than others. Sure, I have my favorites, but nothing I couldn't do without.

I also feel slightly off from the Hammam Bouquet, it rushes blood to my head, so that it feels slightly swollen. Do you get the same effect from other Penhaligons scents? I find that I also get it from Opus, which is a shame as those are my two favourites.

-N

FOr me it would be Rive Gauche at its $20.
Yang, Signoricci, and M7 fresh would be close too.
Penhaligons never did something special for me, and I prefer Trumpers Sandalwood over Tam Dao. Black Aoud would be great if it had... less aoud.

Kind of like a which cologne would you be stranded with on a desert island question.

Usually some of these answers depend on the time of day you ask me.

Today at noon, it's Acqua di Parma...earlier in the morning it would have been Floris Vetiver

I think probably Trumper's Milk of Flowers.

I also feel slightly off from the Hammam Bouquet, it rushes blood to my head, so that it feels slightly swollen. Do you get the same effect from other Penhaligons scents? I find that I also get it from Opus, which is a shame as those are my two favourites.

-N

No, Hammam is the only Pen fragrance that does that to me. I love, and wear Opus without any problems.

If you are limited to a single cologne, it definitely needs to be flexible, and therefore some of my faves wouldn't make the cut. I think I would have to go with Floris No. 89, with its softer soapy and floral qualities making it suitable for almost any setting or season, and it is as impressive as any fragrance made.

Honorable mentions that could possible fill the spot in a single cologne wardrobe for me would be Penhaligon's Castile or English Fern, Trumper's Sandalwood, Creed's Original Vetiver or Silver Mountain Water, or Taylor's Victorian Limes. Four season wearability, usable in power/business, romance, or casual settings, and wonderful fragrances to boot.

If money was no object I think i'd have a custom fragrance made by either Serge Luten's, or Floris. But as a "current production" one, it would be Serge Luten's Fumerie Turque without a doubt.

if the question is: if you only had one cologne for every day wear year around?

so, basically one that is very versatile.

penhaligons-castile
creed-bois du portugal
floris-santal

answers in descenting order. all three are easy to wear and have good sillage and good longevity and are fairly unique.

there are still thousands and thousands of scents i have yet to try so just my 2 cents.

cheers,
ryan

I would want a "Level four or above" custom CBIhateperfume fragrance. It's $1200 for the meetings with Chris Brosius himself and the actual making of a fragrance with 8 to 12 ingredients. This includes a 15ml bottle of your fragrance. 15ml refills are generally $200. I think that this would be really amazing, but in no way justifiable.

for more info
http://www.cbihateperfume.com/CBCustomPerfume.html

I didn't think the question was about a "if you could only have one" type cologne, that would need to be super versatile. Rather, I read it as asking for your favorite. Assuming you have others, but which one do you really like the best, even if only for special occasions, or the like.

-Mo

I didn't think the question was about a "if you could only have one" type cologne, that would need to be super versatile. Rather, I read it as asking for your favorite. Assuming you have others, but which one do you really like the best, even if only for special occasions, or the like.

-Mo

i didnt read the orginal post correctly.

vintage tabarome!

cheers,
ryan

WOW, I've been watching this thread progress and am pleased with the response. There's quite a bit of common replies, and again, as I mentioned, some I've never heard of.

Here's what mine would be:

Armani Privé Cologne Spray Bois d’Encens. I saw it at a Saks 5th Ave store and was awestruck by the amount of pepper. Only thing was it was $185 for 1.7 oz!!!

Probably Creed Virgin Island Water. Or any Etro or SMN.

Also Acqua di Parma makes a Colonia that comes with an amazing numbered Murano decanter. Runs about a grand, but is tight.

There are far more expensive scents out there, but I would still take Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet, which of course is not cheap either

Top Bottom