What's new

The Perpetual Traveling Lilac Vegetal bottle - for the curiously brave among us

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well,

While there are perhaps more popular after shaves around here, there seems to be NO aftershave which generates the amount of controversy, the range of love/hate reactions, or more humorous postings than Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

While many intrepid souls who have tried it have been ...

$mot_chosen.jpg

Alas, many have tried it and tossed the bottle after one (apparently horrifying) application. This dichotomy of visceral reaction to a product is unusual enough to cause many of you to want to try this product, but you are understandably diffident about ordering this when the odds are that you will hate it.

But ... you ... may ... LOVE IT! So you are conflicted, probably tossing and turning in your beds each night wondering if you should or if you shouldn't, unable to pull the trigger on the order. It is with you in mind that I am starting this Perpetual Traveling Veg concept. I want to end your misery and give you back your ability to get a good night's rest without being tormented by dreams of The Veg and the regret your indecision is causing you.

So, I am going to purchase a large bottle and start a list of folks to send it to. Use the product and see if you are Chosen! Then pass it along to the next person on the list. Before getting to that, however, I have to give you some instruction on how to evaluate The Veg, because it is not a normal product, by any stretch of the imagination.

Most aftershaves lay on top of your face, not reacting with your own personal body chemistry. The Veg is not this way. If you have watched the women at perfume counters, you will see they spray their wrists and walk around for half an hour before passing judgement on a scent. This is because what they get sniffing the bottle is not what they get sniffing themselves later ... perfume melds with each individual and yields a unique result.

If you splash on Pinaud Clubman, Aqua Velva, or Old Spice after your shave, a half hour later you will still be wearing Clubman or Aqua Velva or Old Spice. It will not change its character much. Open a bottle of The Veg and you will likely not want to splash it on! I tried it ten years ago and had this reaction. Then, when I did, I was so horrified I jumped back in the shower (I'm not kidding) and washed it off.

Luckily, after coming here, I gave it a second chance and, lo and behold, I was Chosen! But once you splash on The Veg, it begins to morph into something completely different. It is utterly unpredictable, you won't know what the heck is going on for at least a half hour.

So, here are the rules:

++++++++++ BEGIN CUT ++++++++++

1. Read the first post!

2. If you want to try The Veg add your name to this list.

3. The previous owner of the bottle will PM you and get your address and send it to you. Wrap in a couple of zip-lock baggies.

4. Try The Veg, but the rules are, and these are inviolable ...

a. You must try it, no chickening out when you smell it from the bottle
b. You must leave it in place for an hour, no jumping back in the shower! You may want to do this on a weekend for that reason.

Be brave! Be generous in your application!

5. If you are not sure what you think, feel free to try it again, use it for a few days. If it is not for you, PM the next guy on the list and get his address and send it on, shipping at your expense. When the bottle is running low, post in here and I will start another bottle at my expense. I am doing this as penance for my disrespecting The Veg ten years ago.

6. Do not number the name list, and include the ++++ CUT MARKS ++++ when posting the list further on.

7. Subscribe to the thread so you don't lose track of it! Have fun!

*** LIST ***

JCinPA

*** END LIST ***

++++++++++ END CUT ++++++++++

And for your entertainment, check out this thread with songs with repurposed The Veg lyrics, home made advertisements for The Veg, good-natured banter about experiences with it. It will keep your interest up while waiting for the bottle to arrive.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/303098-Veg?highlight=hell

Last edited:
I'm not in, I use it, I like it,my wife likes it (although not her favorite), so I guess I'm among the chosen.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hahaha! Too scared! You guys slay me. :001_tt2:

Well, another gent PM'd me that he got a large bottle and he was definitely NOT chosen, so he's donating bottle #1 to the cause. I'll get with him and arrange to get this started, and thank him publicly here when I get back to my PMs.

OK, you were supposed to start the list, guys! :mad3: I'll do it for you to show you how it's done. Just copy everything including and between the cut lines. Put your screen names in there. Like this...

1. Read the first post!

3. The previous owner of the bottle will PM you and get your address and send it to you. Wrap in a couple of zip-lock baggies.

b. You must leave it in place for an hour, no jumping back in the shower! You may want to do this on a weekend for that reason.

5. If you are not sure what you think, feel free to try it again, use it for a few days. If it is not for you, PM the next guy on the list and get his address and send it on, shipping at your expense. When the bottle is running low, post in here and I will start another bottle at my expense. I am doing this as penance for my disrespecting The Veg ten years ago.

6. Do not number the name list, and include the ++++ CUT MARKS ++++ when posting the list further on.

*** LIST ***

RondeB
RondeB
cpacamper

*** END LIST ***

See how easy that is? RondeB, PM me your address, please!

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy

*** END LIST ***

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy
LoveThatBurn
*** END LIST ***

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
*** END LIST ***

would love to try it out

I'm definitely in!

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
mwhitcraft
*** END LIST ***

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Nice! You got got this wired! I must have put RondeB in there twice, my bad. The bottle should go out to RondeB by Saturday, April 20, at the latest!

Fixed list

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
mwhitcraft

*** END LIST ***

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
And ... repurposed lyrics to this little ditty from Monty Python ...

By our very own TopGumby!

TopGumby said:
And that, my liege, is how we know the Veg to be irresistible!

This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain to me again how cat's bladders may be employed to prevent razor burn.

Look my liege!

Vegetal!

Vegetal!

Vegetal!

(Hmpph) It's only a bottle. (Shhhhh!)

Knights, I bid you welcome to your new scent. Let us splash on...Vegetal!

We're knights of the Veg Table
We splash when e're we're able
We do our best to promote the Veg
With it's scent of song and fable
We've been chosen by the Vegetal
And for pee jokes we don't care at all

We're knights of the Veg Table
Our scent is for-mid-able
Many times, we're the butt of jibes
That are quite inscrutable
We all worship Lilac Vegetal
We put it high upon a pedestal

Our scent is re-mark-able
We are un-com-fort-able
With cat whiz jests, we do our best
To remain quite implacable
We splash The Veg on quite a lot

You may be chosen, maybe not

On second thought, let's not go to Vegetal. It is a smelly place.

Last edited by a moderator:
What noble penance. I have a slight fear of the Veg, but a deep love for the Pinaud Clubman line of Products, so I feel compelled to try

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
mwhitcraft
lvanarsdall

*** END LIST ***

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I'm so glad to see you brave souls signing up for this! Brings a small tear to my eye. *sniff*

:laugh:

Top Bottom