What's new

The Perpetual Traveling Lilac Vegetal bottle - for the curiously brave among us

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
You still can!

++++++++++ BEGIN CUT ++++++++++

1. Read the first post!

2. If you want to try The Veg add your name to this list.

3. The previous owner of the bottle will PM you and get your address and send it to you. Wrap in a couple of zip-lock baggies.

4. Try The Veg, but the rules are, and these are inviolable ...

a. You must try it, no chickening out when you smell it from the bottle
b. You must leave it in place for an hour, no jumping back in the shower! You may want to do this on a weekend for that reason.

Be brave! Be generous in your application!

5. If you are not sure what you think, feel free to try it again, use it for a few days. If it is not for you, PM the next guy on the list and get his address and send it on, shipping at your expense. When the bottle is running low, post in here and I will start another bottle at my expense. I am doing this as penance for my disrespecting The Veg ten years ago.

6. Do not number the name list, and include the ++++ CUT MARKS ++++ when posting the list further on.

7. Subscribe to the thread so you don't lose track of it! Have fun!

*** LIST ***

RondeB
cpacamper
Delawareguy
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
mwhitcraft
lvanarsdall
Gman9537
mastershake

*** END LIST ***

++++++++++ END CUT ++++++++++

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Aha! A buddy on another forum helped me out!

$HarryVeg.jpg

I just wanted to let you guys know that you can take me off the list. I was lucky enough to receive a sample of the Veg from one of the members here which was delivered today. As of this moment I have not applied it to my face but I have smelled the Veg and it is not good. I may throw up. Seriously.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
It's better OUT of the bottle and you have to give it time! Remember I reacted the same way ten years ago. Be brave! Try it tomorrow.

New list:

1. Read the first post!

3. The previous owner of the bottle will PM you and get your address and send it to you. Wrap in a couple of zip-lock baggies.

b. You must leave it in place for an hour, no jumping back in the shower! You may want to do this on a weekend for that reason.

5. If you are not sure what you think, feel free to try it again, use it for a few days. If it is not for you, PM the next guy on the list and get his address and send it on, shipping at your expense. When the bottle is running low, post in here and I will start another bottle at my expense. I am doing this as penance for my disrespecting The Veg ten years ago.

6. Do not number the name list, and include the ++++ CUT MARKS ++++ when posting the list further on.

*** LIST ***

RondeB
cpacamper
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
mwhitcraft
lvanarsdall
Gman9537
mastershake

*** END LIST ***

My sample bottle of the :Veg: just showed up. I'll use it tomorrow, but first impression out of the bottle is, not too bad. I got it from ebarbershop after trying a sample of their lilac aftershave, which I kind of like. I don't think they're that different. We'll see tomorrow... My little girl seemed to like the scent out of the bottle
wish me luck gents!

Last edited:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well. Not as bad a start as Delawareguy! :lol:

Read the OP. Use it liberally, let it sit for an hour! Otherwise you won't know! The Noble Knights of the VegTable are all pulling for you!

I will try it again.

However, it's been on my finger for almost two hours now and it's not getting any better. I think it smells more like pee now. It's going to take a lot of strength to put this on my face. I'll let you know tonight.

Ok, I couldn't stand it. My kiddos just took off for their moms and I went in, washed the ol mug real good and LIBERALLY applied the Veg. Put a bit on, wasn't sure. Didn't love it right off. Didn't hate it, so I applied some more. It's growing on me, at least something is.... I'll use it tomorrow when I shave for sure. Maybe I'm chosen

Ok it's been about 20 minutes since my shave. I put on a liberal amount of the Veg. When I got close to my wife she said I smelled like I had pee on my face and then she told me to stay away from her for the rest of the night. I stink. I stink so bad. It's not getting better. I took the dog out and the wind made it worse. Is it possible to stand downwind from yourself? I keep going from room to room trying to escape but it follows me. It actually made my eyes water. I'm going to give it an hour to see if it gets better and then I'm going to the store to buy some Lava soap. This stuff could work as many thing but not as an aftershave. What unholy collection of events could have possibly led the creation of this stuff? How could the same company that makes Clubman make this? The smell won't come off my hands. I've washed them many times. FML.

Ok it's been about 20 minutes since my shave. I put on a liberal amount of the Veg. When I got close to my wife she said I smelled like I had pee on my face and then she told me to stay away from her for the rest of the night. I stink. I stink so bad. It's not getting better. I took the dog out and the wind made it worse. Is it possible to stand downwind from yourself? I keep going from room to room trying to escape but it follows me. It actually made my eyes water. I'm going to give it an hour to see if it gets better and then I'm going to the store to buy some Lava soap. This stuff could work as many thing but not as an aftershave. What unholy collection of events could have possibly led the creation of this stuff? How could the same company that makes Clubman make this? The smell won't come off my hands. I've washed them many times. FML.

This pretty much summed up my reaction. Be sure to try it twice...lol.

If you guys shake an application out into something glass and let it air out for a while, the skunkiness will all but disappear. The longer you leave it out the less skunky it will be. I switched mine to glass and it completely changed the scent.

Just got done shaving and applied the Veg in what would be my usual amount. My wife and son day it's not horrible and I don't stink or need to sleep outside, which I was concerned about just opening the bottle.

I am going to try again later this weekend. I'm on the fence at the moment. I am leaning towards the stating that I am chosen. I have to agree that the scent is unique. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. Not sure I would have tried it otherwise.

It is settled. I am not chosen. I don't even think this is a real product. This is something that is used to trick newbies. Like a smelly initiation.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Nooooooo! It's a heavenly product! A bottle was in John Wayne's Dopp kit which recently sold at auction, for cryin' out loud!

When you are chosen it is like

$Angels_singing_Signs_of_Angels.jpg

Sorry, Delawareguy. Alas, it is not for everyone! :(

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Here's a reaction from a real, live, person, who was chosen by The Veg and lived to tell about it.

So thanks to a member (who apparently doesnt like me) he offered to ship me a sample of Veg so i could finally see what all the hubub was about,... his sample size, yeah it was a 3/4 full bottle of the stuff... i let it sit in the den for a few hours while i napped when i finally decided it was time to see

I twisted the cap to take a whiff of the bottle,.... whowsa, this stuff just burned out the hairs in my nostrils, my cat a floor up began to go nuts eventually making his way to me where he snuck up and bit me in the back of the calf muscle, resulting in me dropping the full bottle and passing out from the fumes knocking my head of the sink,

Thank goodness for me i was prepared and phoned a safety friend who was on the other end of the phone incase of emergency ready to act, but the scent was so strong even he could pick it up a black away... in a panic he ran into street trying to stop the first car who passed causing him to swirve and crash into a power wire pole knocking the power out for 8 city blocks, causing a surge of power back to the nuclear power plant causing another north american black out'

Or at least this is what i thought was supposed to happen when you first try the veg

what actually happened was after i smelled off the bottle i thought it smelled a bit off, but some of the veg that found its way up into the cap leaked down onto my fingers so i thought what the hey, i rubbed into onto my hands... it smelled like fresh flowers

a few moments later it picked up what i could smell as a bit of orange zest and a flowery scent,... this stuff aint all that bad

awwww crap, I'm a weirdo

one of them guys who likes the Veg,... It appears i have been selected, and may not partake in making fun of its funny odour after all, which was the only reason i really wanted to try it

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
And another!

It took me awhile, and I still feel fear doing an odd little corkscrew dance up my backbone when I reach for it, but I'm enjoying the LV now.

If I hadn't read the posts on B&B about sticking with this odd scent, I would have dumped the bottle after the first incredulous encounter.

As an AS, it works really well. As a scent...I can see it's not for everyone, and it won't be every day for me.

But I like it.

Whodathunkit?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
And another. Be brave!

I bought my first bottle of Lilac Vegetal yesterday, and tried it out tonight.

Given its reputation here, I was expecting the worst. I was expecting my children to cry and my wife to have an asthma attack. I was expecting a SWAT team kicking down my door because the neighbors reported a meth lab.

It's actually quite pleasant, but then again, I find salty liquorice and Marmite quite pleasant. Mildly floral and powdery, but not overwealmingly so. My wife, who couldn't stand the Old Spice I bought last week, rather likes it.

Decent alcohol sting when first applied, but that only lasts for a few seconds.

I think we may have to get this into a glass bottle. Tell you what, Whoever has the current bottle, stop. I will send my Veg, decanted into a glass bottle to the next guy and I'll take the current one and decant that into glass as well. I think that will improve the odds.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
OK, I've decided we need to get this into glass. Airing it out and getting into glass changes it quite a bit. RondeB is going to send his to cpacamper.

I am going to send mine in glass to LuvThatBurn. LuvThatBurn, PM me your address. I'll send yours during the upcoming week. cpacamper, send me yours and I'll decant that into glass too.

1. Read the first post!

*** LIST ***

cpacamper
LoveThatBurn
ISO1600
mwhitcraft
lvanarsdall
Gman9537
mastershake

*** END LIST ***

-- John

I'm liking it a few hours later. I'll know for sure after tomorrows shave. Picking up the flowery powdery scent. Think it'll go nicely over Tabac tomorrow

Top Bottom