What's new

Ink Review: Diamine Sargasso Sea

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, it is finally here. Work got in the way for a bit. Thanks to Mendel for providing the sample. Note: The credit paragraph and "Swabs show a hint of purple" were with Sanford PenIt Royal Blue- I accidently grabbed my M200. It is good for comparison purposes, though.

Attachments

• $Sargasso_Sea.jpg
    $Sargasso_Sea.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 213
Nice review as always, Owen! Great dark shade of blue! I'm liking the dark blues and royal blues lately instead of the blue-blacks, may need to pick this ink up.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice review as always, Owen! Great dark shade of blue! I'm liking the dark blues and royal blues lately instead of the blue-blacks, may need to pick this ink up.
I am really enjoying my foray into blues. I will eventually do an all black battle Royale, but there isn't much character in black inks.

On edit: if you like royal blues, Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue is very nice. I think I did a review on it. If I haven't, I will.

Last edited:
Nice review Owen, I have this ink and it is really nice, much better in person than can be displayed on line.:thumbup1:

I just ordered my first ink sample package from Goulet and added this to it - so thanks for writing it up. Looking forward to trying different inks for the first time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just ordered my first ink sample package from Goulet and added this to it - so thanks for writing it up. Looking forward to trying different inks for the first time.
You are welcome- I think you will like it.
+1, I have yet to be unhappy with a Diamine ink.
My plan is coming together (see above) :biggrin: Seriously, it is a nice ink.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Some folks expressed interest in my idea of a simulated ink stained finger accident. So, for the first pic, I dipped my finger in the ink, let set for 5 secs, then wiped it off with a rag. The second pic is after washing the stain for 20 seconds with the generic liquid hand soap we have at work.

Attachments

• $SS_Stain.jpg
    $SS_Stain.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 109
  • $SS_wash.jpg
    $SS_wash.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 107

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Might want to be careful and not introduce any contaminants to the bottle -- just sayin'.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Might want to be careful and not introduce any contaminants to the bottle -- just sayin'.
I started with clean hands, and both are just sample bottles. But this does give me something to remember when I have full bottles- maybe I will use an eyedropper. Thanks for the suggestion, Doug.

On edit: by both I mean I did two of these tests today- Sargasso Sea and Pelikan Blue/Black

Last edited:
Top Bottom