What's new

Ink Review: Iroshizuku Ku-jaku, aka Peacock

I now find myself preferring - slowly but surely - inks that aren't as saturated as the ones I liked before. More than anything, I want inks that behave well in all pens, have some character, won't cause any flow issues and even perform well on less expensive paper. Lately, I'm really starting to ink up more pens with Watermans, Parkers, Diamines and, of course, Iroshizukus. That reminds me, I need to pick up some Mont blancs, too.

Here is Ku-jaku, aka Peacock. It's a beautiful bluish green with some decent shading to go along with it. Dry times are about average; less on more absorbent paper. Well behaved, no starting issues.

For those of you new to my reviews, click the image you see here and be transported to my gallery page. Click on the same image there and it will expand it to true-size.

Oh, and for the swab test. Sorry, I double dipped on the third stroke :) And apparently I can't say "Never" three times fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we were at the Baltimore Pen Show, my wife fell in love with the Iroshizuku bottles. We came home with the Ku-jaku. I was nice to her and got to load it into two of my pens, my TWSBI 540 and Waterman Carene. It's a nice ink, pretty color, very well-behaved, but I'm not feeling the love. It's a little too delicate and feminine for my tastes.

Top Bottom