What's new

NW Florida Meetup? (Eglin AFB - FWB - Niceville - Crestview - Pensacola)

Gents,

I have finally arrived in Florida. I've been on the ground here now for a little over a month. I'm mostly settled, LOL.

I'm guaging interest once again, for doing a meetup. My idea is to meet some evening (or late afternoon on the weekend), have a meal, sip a scotch, maybe enjoy a cigar, and talk about all the stuff in person, that we love to talk about online. We can also have a swap meet if you've got stuff you're looking to get rid of or PIF. Sound Good?

Let me know if you're interested, and give me some ideas on where we can meet. I haven't been out too much to know what places might be good. (I still haven't even been to the beach yet!)

If you have times that you definitely cannot meet, let me know. We will iron out specifics later when we find out who all is interested.

Let's do this!

Hi KJ: Welcome to Beautiful NW Florida. This is the best time to live in this area. Regretfully... I can't make it on a weekend. Late afternoon or evenings on Wednesdays or Thursdays are good for me. We can meet at downtown Pensacola at World of Beer. Also... down the street from World of Beer they have a Cigar shop.:thumbup:

WARHAWK

I would enjoy going to a meet up sometime, but I'm about two hours east of Pensacola, so a week night would be really tough.

Well, I'm in Ft. Walton, which is at least an hour from Pensacola, so you being on the other side, maybe meeting in the Ft. Walton/Destin area would be middle ground for everyone?

Ft. Walton or Destin would be more convenient for me, but my work is unpredictable sometimes and I may have to go into the office at any time. If we can get a meet up arranged I would try to make it, but there is always a chance I will have to cancel at the last minute. Because of this, I would hate for you guys to go out of your way to accommodate me.

I would be game depending when it is. Lately I have been swamped with school/work/family vacations/moving to Japan. I know on Tuesdays I think Wine World does beer tastings so if its a Tuesday that may be cool.

So you're getting ready to PCS to Japan? How much longer do you have here? I don't foresee doing this soon, until we get a bit more interest. But I'd want to do it for sure before you leave.

I am still here for about 5 months, takes a long time to get everything in order for a PCS with family medical clearance. So we will still have all this summer to throw something together when there is some more interest.

I know I'm a little south of you guys (470 miles according to MapQuest) but my GF lived up in that area for many years and has been bugging me to take a long weekend to go see it. If you don't mind me checking in on this I may plan a trip around the get together.

I'm down for a get together - Weekdays aren't great for me, but I can always try. I'm in Pensacola as well. I'd be more inclined to drive to Fort Walton than Destin on a weekday. On a weekend, Destin is totally fine.

Random bump! Would like to see a meet before I go overseas even though I have not been very active here, still love wet shaving and will never go back!

So looks like we have 5 people that would come for sure. That isn't too bad. Would make for a fun time at a sports bar or pub, or how other mentioned grabbing a cigar. Only thing I have ever done is Romeo e Juliets or Black n milds. Kinda wanna try something else.

I'm down here in the Ft Myers area and I would love to be a part of the meet-up. It's a bit of a drive though. Soooooo...if anyone wants to pick me up in an F-35, I'm all for it. :lol:

Guys, I'm out of town right now. When I get back, I'll begin planning something. Keep an eye on this thread.

For any of you Eglin AFB folks...

The base is having a parking lot sale this Saturday. I'll be there with a couple tables set up. I will have some of my shaving gear for sale. If you stop by, introduce yourself and I'll give to the B&B discount!

Look for the Blue Honda Pilot.

Im in south east FL. Orlando would be about half way for all of us. I think you would get more of a response there. The majority of the population of the state is Palm Beach, Broward and Dade counties. Orlando is a 3 hour ride as Pensacola is probably like 6.

Top Bottom