What's new

Forget Old School, we are going Ancient School | Roman Razors

My oldest razors pre Gillette :laugh:
$roman-2.jpg
Above is a Bronze age razor dating to 300BC

$roman-4.jpg

Approx. 3rd century AD, this one still has part of the blade left though the fine point is missing. Apparently Gladiators shaved all body hair and this could have been a body scraper as well a face razor.

Is that a little P&G I can see on the bottom right of the one in the second picture :w00t:.

...Sorry couldn't resist.

I like the 2nd one,seems more grippy than the 1st.Both have eyelets and look like they could be placed on a cord of some sort.

Last edited:
The BC Bronze age one (top) was excavated in Bulgaria, bought out of CA, cost less than a pricey cased fatboy. The Roman one I have been looking at for while at a a New York Art dealer had. There were some i would have been happy with some that had sold for under $150.00 but I never could find any new ones come on the market. Made a lowball offer to an art dealer and got a good price on it, the blade still in it is cool to have and there are not many dumb asses like me looking to collect razors so that one was collecting dust :001_huh:

Very cool!!
Did they come from the UK?

Well, if you really want to know exactly how old it is, you could just check the date code :laugh:

They had those back in 300BC, right? :lol:

Top Bottom