View Poll Results: How often do you use SE Razors?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only SE, only traditional blades

12 4.35%
  • Only SE, but Injectors too

11 3.99%
  • Mostly SE, some DE

21 7.61%
  • About 50-50 SE-DE

27 9.78%
  • Normally DE, but SE every now and then

67 24.28%
  • Single Edge? They still make those?

61 22.10%
  • Bacon is the candy of meats

77 27.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are you SE only?

Default Poll: Are you SE only?

At the time of this thread, there were 1,804 threads in the Single Edged section compared to 30,733 threads in the Double Edged section. That's a little less than 6%.

I want to know how many of the posters in this section are truly committed single-edge blade shavers versus how many go back and forth between DE and SE. (This concerns only safety razors, I didn't factor straights into my thinking.)
    B&B: where 99% of the posts are "Today I shaved with..." post-count boosters

I use a SE for headshaving most of the time with the occasional use of a HeadBlade if I'm in a bit of a rush. I mostly faceshave with a DE razor. I travel a few days per month with work and the only razor I take with me is a g-bar.
    Mark - dome Gem G-Bar - face Progress 510 - seeking 3 pass perfection since 10/2012
    TLC - BOSS - BOSH - OGA - Cult Of Arko - LOSER - HLC founder - RAD sufferer (in semi-remission) - dude

Images

I voted only SE, but I am experimenting with straight razors. That wasn't an option.
    William - B.O.T.O.C./B.O.S.S./B.O.T.S.S./L.O.S.E.R. - WAR EAGLE!
    Ever-Ready Streamline and GEM Jewel enthusiast/collector.
    Gillette Double Ring owner. Noble Knight of the Veg Table! [F.F.F.]
    Slant razor fanatic! B&B Essentials Boar Brush lover!
    Vaping since Feb. '13!

Whether or not you use straights I decided not to consider, since "SE vs DE" is a safety razor thing. Straights are a whole different kettle of fish; I use them as well on occasion, but in terms of safety razors I only use SEs (including Schicks).

This should be an interesting poll. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say. I'm SE only.

I'm 50-50 depending on my mood.

Mostly DE, except on Single Edge Sunday. On occasion, I'll do a single pass with a new SE in the course of my normal shave, just to try it out. As for variety, I have mostly traditional blade razors, but I have one injector that I use, and a ladies injector that's a curiosity.
    Noble Knight of The Veg Table, OGA, BOTOC, LOSER, SABRE

I use my DE razors more. SEs every once in a while.
    Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

The other interesting thing I'd like to see is how rapidly the switch occurred for those who are primarily SE users (since it's practically a given that someone switched to SE from DE).

I know in my case once I tried that first Injector it was within about a month that I stopped using (and later sold/gave away) my DEs. I keep a few as historical curiosities or for sentimental reasons, but I don't use them anymore. I don't even have any DE blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnut View Post
    The other interesting thing I'd like to see is how rapidly the switch occurred for those who are primarily SE users (since it's practically a given that someone switched to SE from DE).

I know in my case once I tried that first Injector it was within about a month that I stopped using (and later sold/gave away) my DEs. I keep a few as historical curiosities or for sentimental reasons, but I don't use them anymore. I don't even have any DE blades.
    Same with me--After my first SE shave,my DE's went on the B/S/T never to be missed
    BARRY BBS OR BUST --- STRICTLY A LOSER---BOTOC---MWF-MDC ONLY

Images

Normally DE, but I love to use my injectors a few times a week. I rarely use my Gems.

I haven't used a DE in well over a year. I normally use GEM's but Ill use an injector every few weeks.

Images

I'm a LOSER... I got on the SE bandwagon about 6 weeks ago. I haven't even picked up a DE since.... My DE's are going on sale this week...
    LOSER. KRAMPERT's FINEST BAY RUM. CHOSEN. From The BIG EASY!!! LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!!!.. Sav

Images

I couldn't answer, my option is missing/not included, strictly Injectors since March 2012, except for a 5 shave stint with my 4 y/o son's Krona. I'm also holding a Gillette Fat-Handle, Gem G-Bar & Clog-Pruf for him to choose his style of shaving. Since the switch, I haven't had an urge for DE or Gem Shaving, and the Krona Fling was on a whim, brief and unfulfilling.
    Tabacaholic since 1976

I am a LOSER! I have used SE's exclusively since Aug 2012(I consider injectors SE's).
    Jay
    LOSER, Cult of Arko, The CHOSEN

Images

I alternate between DE and SE razors (including injectors). Every four or five days I select a new razor.
    Jim P. - St. Petersburg, FL

ackvil (at) badgerandblade.com

Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

"Winning is
    like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."
    Jack Kemp

“Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open.” Words of advice from my late mother.

Got bit by the SE bug about 2 weeks ago and that's all I've used since

Just recently, I got a few Gems and Ever-Ready SE razors, and I have been alternating between these and DE. I have also been using DE and SE concurrently, using both during the same shave. There seem to be some advantages in using both, but overall, I get less irritation from SE. I'll probably continue to experiment for awhile.

Images

50/50 between the two.
    I'm a ole Minister who loves the Ole South. I am an Arko Acolyte.

Images

Once I tried an ER 1912, I never looked back. I progressed to a GEM OCMM and then to an ER Streamline. Haven't tried one of my many DEs again.
    William - B.O.T.O.C./B.O.S.S./B.O.T.S.S./L.O.S.E.R. - WAR EAGLE!
    Ever-Ready Streamline and GEM Jewel enthusiast/collector.
    Gillette Double Ring owner. Noble Knight of the Veg Table! [F.F.F.]
    Slant razor fanatic! B&B Essentials Boar Brush lover!
    Vaping since Feb. '13!