What's new

Ink Review: Diamine Denim

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here is my review of Diamine Denim. I really like this ink, and will probably buy it in the future. Thanks to Mendel for the sample.

on edit: forgot the picture.

Attachments

• $Diamine_Denim.jpg
    $Diamine_Denim.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 165
Nice review again, Owen! Wow, enabling me on ink and poking fun at James's spelling, quite a 2fer! :lol:

I do like Diamine ink, haven't used a blue by them yet....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice review again, Owen! Wow, enabling me on ink and poking fun at James's spelling, quite a 2fer! :lol:

I do like Diamine ink, haven't used a blue by them yet....
Got to keep those stewards on their toes. In the warm up circle for tomorrow: Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black (my go-to work ink) and Pelikan Edelstein Onyx.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice shade and another nice review.

How long is the water test done for? Just wondering, I dunk mine in the sink and leave it for a minute, then run water over it. Diamine blues usually go away, yours sticks -- excellent!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice shade and another nice review.

How long is the water test done for? Just wondering, I dunk mine in the sink and leave it for a minute, then run water over it. Diamine blues usually go away, yours sticks -- excellent!
Oh, the I am not doing it right. I am running under a faucet for about five second, then air dry one side, and wipe the other. I guess I can do another water test your way and add it.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm not sure there is any standard, I was only mentioning it to compare to my testing. I would be interested to know.

Maybe we could include a method in the heading for water test on the template.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm not sure there is any standard, I was only mentioning it to compare to my testing.

I would be interested to know. Maybe we could include a method in the heading for water test on the template.
Yeah, that would be good. Maybe make two templates- one for just about everything, and a separate for water testing. That way the water test doesn't get the chance to ruin the rest of it (my water test for Edelstein Topaz got a little out of control)

for the record, my spelling when writing is usually really good its typing i suck at lol

Nice review Owen, I agree that maybe we should come up with a standard water test

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My previous water tests were done under a running faucet for five seconds. Here is one minute submerged, then five seconds faucet time. Oops, I wrote Diamine Cotton instead of Denim.

Attachments

• $DD_water.jpg
    $DD_water.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 138

strop

Now half as wise
This is one of my favorites. A very dark blue. Perfect transition to blue for those guys who think they only like black ink!:biggrin1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
for the record, my spelling when writing is usually really good its typing i suck at lol

Nice review Owen, I agree that maybe we should come up with a standard water test
I agree- maybe we can discuss it here and hash it out- I have two more reviews on tap for tomorrow.
This is one of my favorites. A very dark blue. Perfect transition to blue for those guys who think they only like black ink!:biggrin1:
No doubt, Mark. I am pretty impressed with the color.

Here is my review of Diamine Denim. I really like this ink, and will probably buy it in the future. Thanks to Mendel for the sample.

on edit: forgot the picture.

Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the sample. As you know, Denim is one of my favorites!

maybe we should have 2 water tests for the official B&B Nib form, one to simulate a complete dunk like falling in a puddle, and one to simulate rain or a coffee spill

one water section to run under the faucet, and one to dunk in the sink

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the sample. As you know, Denim is one of my favorites!
I am really liking it, too. Thanks again for the sample. I foresee the Sargasso Sea review coming up on Saturday (tomorrow is already spoken for)
That letter could easily be dropped in a puddle and still be delivered!
No doubt, after what you said about other Diamine blues I wasn't having much hope. This looks pretty good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
maybe we should have 2 water tests for the official B&B Nib form, one to simulate a complete dunk like falling in a puddle, and one to simulate rain or a coffee spill

Yeah, I think I will do that. I will do the faucet trick on the formal sheet, then take a scrap paper and do a dunk test for a minute.

Next you'll want a simulated cat spill area on the form! :tongue_sm

Great review, Owen. A wonderful ink from an impressive offering of Diamine blues. As of lover of blue/black inks, Denim is in my proverbial wheelhouse - great color and behavior.

Top Bottom