What's new

Chandra Shaving Cream

I bought a 55 Rupee ($1 US) tube of shaving cream at a pharmacy in Mumbai, India last month and it seems to be pretty good stuff. It smells nice and light. I almost didn't buy it because I had never heard of it, but decided to anyway since it was cheap and I'd bought every other shaving cream they had in stock. The box reads:

"The amazing moisturizing formula of this shaving cream enriched with Aloe vera, kokum butter and vegetable glycerin, not only gives you smooth and even shave but also keeps your skin hydrated during the shave to reduce the shaving irritation. Tea tree and neem leaf extracts possess excellent germicidial properties and keep your skin healthy. Wrapped in a masculine fragrance it will give you a feel of "the complete shave."

Ingredients: Demineralised water, Stearic Acid, Almond Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Boric Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Lanolin, Aloe Vera Gel, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Fatty Acid, Sodium Silicate, Neem Leaves Extract, Tea Tree Extract, Parfum, Kokum Butter, 2-phenoxy Ethanol, Sodium Benzoate."

I've tried to Google this stuff and searched here on B&B, but haven't found anything. It's made by Chandra, and apparently distributed by Veria International. The number on the box is 1-800-266-0130. They have a site at www.chandraveria.com, but there's no mention of the shaving cream on there.

Yes it does! I typically use around a 3/4" - 1" worm of cream and whip very vigorously with my boars. I ended up with way more lather than I expected and it was good for three passes with lots to spare. :) I tried it today out of curiosity and now I'm wishing I'd bought more!

$photo.jpg

Not the best picture in the world, but you get the idea. :) Godrej Menthol Mist for me today!

Top Bottom