What's new

Biotique Bio Palmyra.amazing

So how is it any news to report?
Hey man! The stuff arrived the day before yesterday and I have so far tried latheting them all except the Godrej soap. Impressions:

Of the 3 different Godrej creams I liked the scent of the "Sensitive" the most and the "Menthol" the least. The "Sensitive" felt least thirsty of them all, but hard to tell after one test lather.

The Bio Palmyra has a very special scent. Without a doubt green apple but there is something more in the background, something synthetic smelling although I know this is a natural cream. I will look further into that! Lather took a while to build but turned out good. Cream looks like applesauce!! [emoji23]

Was in New Delhi, now moved to Gurgaon.

I really thought that the godrej shaving round was one soap you can find through out India. Looks like I was wrong!

Having it shipped from elsewhere would be crazy, because shipping would cost more than the soap.

I really thought that the godrej shaving round was one soap you can find through out India. Looks like I was wrong!

Having it shipped from elsewhere would be crazy, because shipping would cost more than the soap.
Ya, it is weird. I have been looking for it, past 6-7 months. Till date, as far as I can remember, I have never even seen it in a store or display area.

Hey man! The stuff arrived the day before yesterday and I have so far tried latheting them all except the Godrej soap. Impressions:

Of the 3 different Godrej creams I liked the scent of the "Sensitive" the most and the "Menthol" the least. The "Sensitive" felt least thirsty of them all, but hard to tell after one test lather.

The Bio Palmyra has a very special scent. Without a doubt green apple but there is something more in the background, something synthetic smelling although I know this is a natural cream. I will look further into that! Lather took a while to build but turned out good. Cream looks like applesauce!! [emoji23]

Michael, keep us posted on your thoughts.

Michael, keep us posted on your thoughts.
I have now shaved with the Godrej Sensitive cream using my brand new Omega PRO 48. The Godrej lathered up without any effort even though I used a new boar brush. Love the scent, good glide, OK cushion. Had a slight tingle/tiny tiny warm sensation on the third pass. Maybe the cream, maybe I got a little to close shave, maybe the brush.. I'll just have to use it again to know. :)

Tomorrow my friend: Biotique Bio Palmyra aka The Applesauce!

mine just arrived. did an am shave with my weber, feather, and fluffy thader. this lathered very well. not as thick a lather as some but my razor glided easily and face felt great after the shave. easily equates with my t & h, and tobs creams. wish the jar was prettier.

mine just arrived. did an am shave with my weber, feather, and fluffy thader. this lathered very well. not as thick a lather as some but my razor glided easily and face felt great after the shave. easily equates with my t & h, and tobs creams. wish the jar was prettier.
I agree with you. It actually takes some work to get going. Had a good shave too. Some nicks but that's normal for me.

I know I am replying to a post that is eight months old but here you go:

BIG MAC SAUCE:
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Pickle Relish (Diced Pickles, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Potassium
Sorbate [Preservative], Spice Extractives, Polysorbate 80), Distilled Vinegar, Water, Egg Yolks, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Onion Powder, Mustard Seed, Salt,
Spices, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Mustard Bran, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Vegetable Protein (Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy and Wheat),
Caramel Color, Extractives of Paprika, Soy Lecithin, Turmeric (Color), Calcium Disodium EDTA (Protect Flavor)

Straight from their very own website.

Thanks,
Mike

True, neither does Mcdonald's......i still dont know what the Big Mac secret sauce is, and they wont tell you.:laugh:

Finally, after 760 posts.

Bravo!

Thanks,
Mike

Biotique not only discloses the Palmyra "active" ingredients, it discloses the proportions of those ingredients - something not too many manufacturers do, since it's an open invitation to replicate the recipe. The balance is "Parshrut Jal" (purifed water). It also prints date of manufacture, batch number and expiry date. Unscrupulous manufacturers seldom go to such lengths so I, for one, am quite content that I'm buying a quality product. If you don't see this ingredient list and batch data on the underside of the tub, perhaps you have a counterfeit.
It is an outstanding product especially if you can buy it in India - where it costs 180/- or US$2.99. Half nothing basically.

Last edited:

Just add less water.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Just got my second tub. I didn't notice this on the first tub but the directions indicate using it like a brushless shaving cream! Interesting.
$razors 047.jpg
Try that if you want; I'm going to continue using it to make great lather as seen in Alex's youtube video.

Hey that's interesting the two tubs I bought didn't have those instructions either. I hate brushless creams but it my react differently then I have experienced with brushless creams in the past, and how knows, it may be more therapeutic that way.

Hey that's interesting the two tubs I bought didn't have those instructions either. I hate brushless creams but it my react differently then I have experienced with brushless creams in the past, and how knows, it may be more therapeutic that way.

Yes it can. .

Part of the joy of shaving for me is creating the lather. And Palmyra creates a spectacular lather. So I will never use Palmyra as instructed!
Like an earlier contributor commented, I only wish they'd package it in a nice tub. The one they use looks cheap and nasty. Still, a minor quibble.

You can do both. I sometimes do it with out the brush.

Top Bottom