What's new

Biotique Bio Palmyra.amazing

Saw this stuff on Amazon today. Anyone know why the ingredients don't list any bases? Surely the fats are saponified somehow?

So I received some Bio Palmyra in the mail today. Ordered on 2/4, received from India on 3/4. $5.99 with free shipping from an Amazon seller, an amazing value. The date on the bottom of the container is 8/2014 so it's reasonably fresh. I can't wait to try it.

I have what may be be a dumb question.... I'm searching for a place to buy this stuff and find a few different kinds. There is one in a green package from Amazon, one in a cheap looking white container on Amazon (for like $6 shipped, I'm assuming this is what Ratchet, the poster above me, bought), and one in a white container with a black lid... are they all the same stuff? If I get the cheap one off Amazon is it the same stuff everyone is talking about here?

I have what may be be a dumb question.... I'm searching for a place to buy this stuff and find a few different kinds. There is one in a green package from Amazon, one in a cheap looking white container on Amazon (for like $6 shipped, I'm assuming this is what Ratchet, the poster above me, bought), and one in a white container with a black lid... are they all the same stuff? If I get the cheap one off Amazon is it the same stuff everyone is talking about here?

I bought the green tub on Amazon about 2 months ago and have used it a dozen times or more (daily shaver/DE Newbie). It is definitely in my top 2 favorite creams so far. I don't know about the Black Lid product, but the green tub is outstanding in scent/lather/performance/post shave skin appearance.

Good Shopping!

Maybe someone else can explain the differences in packaging. This is what I received from Amazon.
$Biotique 1.jpg$Biotique 2.jpg

It's all the same cream. Just different packaging according to the production date and location it caters to.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425603932.848015.jpg

It's a fantastic cream! I'm sure you'll love it.

Last edited:
$1.jpg

Even this stuff? For some reason I'm a little nervous getting it because it looks a lot different than the others... but it's $6 shipped on amazon.

View attachment 554822

Even this stuff? For some reason I'm a little nervous getting it because it looks a lot different than the others... but it's $6 shipped on amazon.

That was actually the picture for the one that I ordered on Amazon and I received the green and white container above. It's hard to say what you're going to get because it may depend on the seller. The seller that I bought mine from was IndiaShipped.

Last edited:
Mix it with your fave scent cream..

It performs so well I'm starting to care about the scent less and less. Maybe I can just spritz some GIT into it though? Or add some lime scent? I ordered another tub when I saw it at ~ $6. I need to find a travel size container for it too. I'll keep trying new things, but this cream is one I want to have on hand.

So I received some Bio Palmyra in the mail today. Ordered on 2/4, received from India on 3/4. $5.99 with free shipping from an Amazon seller, an amazing value. The date on the bottom of the container is 8/2014 so it's reasonably fresh. I can't wait to try it.
You got it at an unbelievable price. I'm a soap user myself but I make two exceptions. One is proraso cream. And this is the other.

Till today I had used this as other creams, i.e. took a swipe with my finger and rubbed on my face - then proceeded to face lather. However, today I loaded it on the brush just like a soap.

I am happy to announce that it worked just fine. You need a gentle touch with the brush, but it loads very quickly. Also, I noticed the scent a little more this way - may be a placebo though.

I haven't used this cream in a long time. It's been several months to be exact. I am trying to simplify my shaves and have been using Palmolive Menthol for over a month. But let me get back to Biotique Palmyra.

I have used this maybe a dozen times and got a great shave each time. I also liked the scent. I like that it has a mild, but detectable green apple scent. It also has peanut oil in it, so I get hints of peanut too. The packaging I have is the green jar with the green lid.

hope that 08/14 is the production date...not the expiration ... ;-)

tam

I ended up ordering one about a month ago, it shows up with a note explaining that in Asia they mark it with the production date instead of the expiration date, and that it expires 3 years from the date on the container. I used it this morning and I'm quite impressed. It lathered up easy enough, although it did take a littler longer than most creams. The performance is among the tops performers I've found yet... very slick, very protective, and an incredible post shave feel. The alum block application was quite uneventful, with pretty much no sting at all even with using a new blade. I've only used it for one shave so far, but I think this stuff is pretty hard to beat at just over $6 shipped off amazon.

It performs so well I'm starting to care about the scent less and less. Maybe I can just spritz some GIT into it though? Or add some lime scent? I ordered another tub when I saw it at ~ $6. I need to find a travel size container for it too. I'll keep trying new things, but this cream is one I want to have on hand.

I mixed it with sandalwood and it is awesome. ..coconut too.

I ended up ordering one about a month ago, it shows up with a note explaining that in Asia they mark it with the production date instead of the expiration date, and that it expires 3 years from the date on the container. I used it this morning and I'm quite impressed. It lathered up easy enough, although it did take a littler longer than most creams. The performance is among the tops performers I've found yet... very slick, very protective, and an incredible post shave feel. The alum block application was quite uneventful, with pretty much no sting at all even with using a new blade. I've only used it for one shave so far, but I think this stuff is pretty hard to beat at just over $6 shipped off amazon.

Great helpful review. It's spot on. The protection layer is outstanding.

Top Bottom