What's new

If you can have only one DE for the rest of your life.

Based on the two that I have used so far, the Feather AS-D2.

I can't seem to get even a DFS with it, but it has given me an appreciation for an irritation/nick-free shave.

I'm very surprised - 207 people's opinion here and only one person (ben416) has mentioned the Merkur 1904. Anyone who hasn't tried it really is missing out.

I tried 7 different razors till now including R41, Tech and EJ DE89 but among all I got best shaves with Merkur 1904 CC. So I agree with @smudge.

Up until a few days ago, I would have said either of my Fat Handle Techs, but after shaving with the Ikon Slant for the past 3 days it's quickly become my favorite. Had I bought this first I might never have purchased any of the vintage Gillettes. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon and the rest will be back in my rotation. :)

No Chris, I haven't. It's on my shopping list though. Would you recommended short or long comb?

I've only tried the long comb, for some reason all English News are long combs. Opinion on here seems to be fairly evenly divided between the two, but I can say that the long comb offers a fantastically smooth and efficient shave. One of those in stainless steel would be my grail razor.

Top Bottom