What's new

Blades from the Market

After trying CVS carbons as suggested it has become a game whenever I am in a store with a shaving section to see what there is in both DE and SE blades, if any. Tonight I was in Hannaford's and found the razors below. They are both marked as stainless steel too. For the DE's it was 5 for $1.99 and for the SE's it was 10 for $2.49. I hope they are reasonable as their price beats the CVS carbons by half.

Comments?

$K8tZ1.jpg

*** UPDATE ***

I tried the SK blade this morning and from the first pass I knew I had something special. Something so special I decided to keep the remaining 9 for emergency use in my toolbox. I will be ready should a gasket need scraping or a particularly recalcitrant insect splat or bird droppings needs removal from my windshield. As a razor to shave with however that will have to wait for another day far far into the future and unlikely, mine.

That sounds about right for a Dorco. I think I ended up with a couple nasty bruises when I tried them.

*** UPDATE ***

I tried the SK blade this morning and from the first pass I knew I had something special. Something so special I decided to keep the remaining 9 for emergency use in my toolbox. I will be ready should a gasket need scraping or a particularly recalcitrant insect splat or bird droppings needs removal from my windshield. As a razor to shave with however that will have to wait for another day far far into the future and unlikely, mine.

Argh! My Walgreens didn't have any Personna Gem SE blades, so I went to CVS. The CVS brand that didn't say "for all single edge razors", and could have been box cutters for all I knew, so I held off buying.

Lo and behold, while at Food Lion right after that, I spotted a package of 10 SE blades that did say "for all single edge razors" and bought it with my hard-earned $2.39. At home, I opened it up to look for a number 9 or 10, didn't find any, hopped online and found this post. And of course, now I see the "Made in South Korea" written sideways under the bar code.

Luckily for me, I don't have my newly acquired 1912 Ever-Ready or Gem Micromatic yet to have made the mistake to try them - having been crazy about DE but gave it a few months to try. Been taking my mind off it by buying all sorts of shaving cream and soap samples, and finally diving into the SE to try.

Thanks for saving my neck - worth the 239 pennies not to shed some blood, lol.

*** UPDATE ***

Yup, gotta be Dorco blades. A round rock is better suited for shaving.

Top Bottom