What's new

Sampled the Bvlgari line today

Tried them except for Bvlgari Black which I already own and love and Bvlgari Extreme which was not available.

Blvgari Aqva was awful.
Bvlgari Aqva marine was a little better.
Bvlgari Pour Homme is outdated. I don't see this as the ultimate work scent that others have described. Too musky. Maybe in 1995 it was a good scent but not anymore. Same goes for the Intense version.
Bvlgari Man Pour Homme. This is the updated version of Pour Homme and more like a office scent. I liked it most of the ones I sampled. Has a peppery thing that is similar to Loccitane Vetyver.
Bvlgari BLV Notte. Nice scent but too powdery. Baby powder. But I can see it getting compliments.

Wife sniffed the Bvlgari Man and really likes it. "It's nice and it doesnt smell too sweet like all the other ones you like". Ahahaha. She hates gourmands.

When wandering through the local Macy's, I often veer past the cologne counter and spray something on, just to get a take on actually wearing it (rather than spraying it on a card). I've done so with Bvlgari Blv Notte a few times and I have liked it. The powder didn't bother me--I don't think I'd spring for a bottle, but could see getting a decant. Nice stuff.

The whole line is rather dull at best with the exception of Black. Black is decent if a bit linear.

I understand this and have felt same way about Prada line too. But sometimes I want something low-key in the background and Bvlgari Man will fit this. It's not going to blow anyone away as best scent ever but sometimes it will be just what you want for the occasion.

As far as designer scents go, I think Bulgari does a fine job. I've been a huge fan of Black for years but like the soft woody notes of Pour Homme Soir on occasion.

I'm with Schad on the strong dislike for Aqua/Marine, I definitely found Aqua to be worse, but Marine isn't good either.

I have a bottle of PH Extreme and quite like it. It's a good fragrance for summer as it's hard to overapply, has a nice cleanliness to it, and lasts for a good 6-7 hours. A very good office fragrance for warmer days.

I'm yet to try Black but from what I've read I don't see myself liking it too much. It's the kind of frag I'll happily test if I see it, but won't actively seek it out or buy a decant.

I have tried (and worn) all the Blvgari frags and I don't really think I care for any of them. I guess Soir is okay, just not really my style. Black is without a doubt one of the worst fragrances I have ever smelled. I feel like I am missing something considering all of the praise it gets and all the people who love it. I have tried it several times, and every time, all I smell is an old tire.

I have tried (and worn) all the Blvgari frags and I don't really think I care for any of them. I guess Soir is okay, just not really my style. Black is without a doubt one of the worst fragrances I have ever smelled. I feel like I am missing something considering all of the praise it gets and all the people who love it. I have tried it several times, and every time, all I smell is an old tire.

Hey don't sell it short.... That old tire is laced with vanilla. :)

To my mind, Bvlgari PH, Soir and Extreme are fairly good if you want something subtle. I wore PH last time a surgeon knocked me out and did some work on me.

Black is pretty good but doesn't last long on me.

My favourite is Bvlgari Blv - ginger always grabs me.
Regards,
Renato

Top Bottom