What's new

Recommended Fragrances under $40

I have to change my opinion about Pino Silvestre or they have reformulated for the better. Blind buy today for 10.something. A fresh herbal green still not super piney but also not the drawer full of kitchen herbs that came with my first bottle.

FD3C9BD9-C12D-49AD-9C23-4B0B08181CD9.jpeg

3C0927E6-EEE5-42B3-9CFF-1C072A7C77F4.jpeg

A2E8B322-1BCA-480A-9481-1939B48252AF.jpeg

Guy Laroche Horizon. It's been discontinued for years now and you can STILL easily find a 50 for under $10. They must have made a zillion of these hoping it would be the hit Drakkar Noir was for them.

This dry, green, heavy-duty fougere doesn't really compare to any other that I am aware of. I will say that if you like Bogart One Man Show, Versace L'Homme or Krizia Uomo, you will like this. Of course, if you like those you probably already know about it...I think I just realized why you can still get them for <$10. :)

The bottle itself is fantastic.
horizon.jpg

Giorgio for Men
This is one where I am relieved that there is a reformulated version available. The original is really something else - it allows you to begin to contemplate the limits of honey and patchouli exposure that the human body can take. I like it a lot and will wear it around the house in winter but that's it. Overdoing this outside could get you a letter from the local air quality authority.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This is one where I am relieved that there is a reformulated version available. The original is really something else - it allows you to begin to contemplate the limits of honey and patchouli exposure that the human body can take. I like it a lot and will wear it around the house in winter but that's it. Overdoing this outside could get you a letter from the local air quality authority.
Was never a big fan of Giorgio but like everyone else I had a bottle of it 40 years ago. A few years ago I saw the current version for ten or eleven bucks so I bought one. Clearly reformulated but at the same time it was unmistakenly Giorgio. Buy the current version with confidence. It's as close as you're going to get to the original.

L’Homme Rochas and l’homme Rochas aromatic touch are great and just $30 bucks. They’re modern but not generic like many modern fragrances.
L'Homme Rochas is outstanding

I would say for under $40
Try Bentley for Men Intense ..alas its been reformulated now but still good value , projects 90-120 minutes and longevity around 6-7 hours , But its not the beast it once was

Also Proraso do a wood and spice cologne very cheap, its a clone of Black Afghano and its very good.

Top Bottom