What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Lockhart's Gents Grease

This is my newest discovery. Works great and the scent is really great. Different from anything else I've used.

$image.jpeg

$DAX-WAVE-GROOM.jpg$green2.jpg

I started with Dax Green and Gold pomade today. I then added Dax Wave and Groom. I wasn't happy with the matte look from the Green and Gold, so I added the Wave and Groom for shine and additional hold. I must say, I look perfect now. I think I'm falling out of love with Green and Gold, however. It's just not doing it for me anymore. I loved her but the thrill is gone. She doesn't do it for me any longer. I think I'm replacing her with Dax Wave and Groom. I hate to cut her loose but she's lost her looks.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most handsome one of them all?" 'You are, David.' "Why thank you, mirror."

I really love Wave and Groom. Now if I can just figure out how to get this lard out of my hair every two to three days, I'll be fine.

$dax123.jpg$aussie3.jpg

Dax Wave and Groom pomade. I degreased from the previous couple days of pomade using Aussie 3 Minute Miracle [Moist version]. This stuff is the best for removing pomade. You put it in dry hair just like pomade, comb it through, and wait for 15 minutes before washing it out with shampoo and conditioner. It removes everything and leaves hair clean without pomade. I prefer this method for removing pomade because using products like Groom and Clean requires too much of the product to be used to get the pomade out. I typically go through an entire tube in just five washes. It's like $6 per month. It's not a lot, but it doesn't compare with the Aussie 3 minute Miracle method. That cost only $4 for an 8oz tube.

I used a TON of Dax Wave and Groom today. I had to because this stuff doesn't have the greatest hold despite it being a heavy. With Murray's Xtra Heavy pomade, I use about one-third the amount to get the same look. I would probably just use that product but I like the scent, shine and the price of Dax Wave and Groom. I bought 6 tins of Wave and Groom for $20. That's an excellent price. Murray's Xtra heavy cost $6 per tin. Of course, it lasts three times longer than Wave and Groom, but it doesn't have the great scent and the same shine. I've used shinier pomades than Wave and Groom, but they had very little hold and the oil always tended to drip down onto my forehead all day long. I hate having to deal with that. To me, I'd rather have low to medium shine and great hold without the oil dripping onto my forehead.

I think I'm having a great hair day today. My hair looks great with everything in place. It's a Saturday, so I can't really show it off like I normally do. I'm good with it though. I like looking good even when I'm not around people. I won't wash it out until Monday.

It's weird that I'm not really interested in buying new pomades lately. I haven't seen anything I want. All the homebrews are basically knockoff reproductions of the same products that have already been created. I don't want to pay 4 x the amount for the same products that I already have. It's the same with the water base pomades/gels. If you look at the ingredients that are in the pomades, they're pretty much identical with one another. Once you have one of them, you have them all and there's no point in buying additional water base pomades unless you're looking for a harder or looser hold. If I was into buying that goop and putting it on my head, I would buy two or three kinds of holds and stick with that rather than wasting money on buying duplicate pomades with different names.

Top Bottom