What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | K+S Tea Tree and Peppermint Conditioner | Aussie 3-minute Miracle Moist
Voodoo Brew Pomade

$High-Life-Heavy-Pomade.jpg

Back from my vacation on the East Coast. Today, I’m going with High Life Heavy pomade. I used one large scoop for my hair this morning. I usually use 2 scoops, but with High Life Heavy, you don’t need a lot of this stuff, because it’s the strongest hold pomade on the market. This is incredible stuff. I’ve been using this glorious pomade for the past two weeks. I wanted to make sure my hair wouldn’t be moved around by the frigid winds, and this stuff was perfect. High Life Heavy is the strongest hold in the High Life line. My hair looks absolutely incredible today. Honestly though, I can’t really tell it apart from Voodoo Brew I and Voodoo Brew II in terms of hold. The only difference is the scent and the shine. High Life Heavy has a coconut scent, and little better shine than Voodoo Brew I, but not quite as good as Voodoo Brew II. As far as the volume goes, High Life Heavy is almost as good as Voodoo Brew 2. It’s high quality stuff. High Life Pomade is like gold!

The High Life line of pomades contains almost identical products. That’s what I love about these pomades. They’re non-greasy, heavy hold pomade. They do have High Life Light, High Life Medium and High Life Addicted to Pomade brands that are lighter hold pomades. I like High Life Heavy a lot. I want my hair to stay in the same shape that it was when I first apply the pomade without it wilting, and this pomade helps me achieve that goal. I feel sorry for all the people that use other pomades that don’t have the lasting power that the High Life pomades do, because it’s no fun having pomade that wears off.

Ingredients: Petralatum, Emu Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Avocado oil, Microwax

Cost: $6.50 for 3.5oz tin. I purchased a TON of pomade from West Coast Shaving website before I life for my 2 week vacation on the East Coast. I got an incredible deal due to it being Thanksgiving holiday. Not only was the shipping free, but I got $16 off on the bulk purchase.

Thoughts:

What I like about High Life Heavy is how it keeps my hair in the same exact position that it was in when I first applied the stuff in the morning. There has been absolutely no change in the appearance of my hair. You don’t get that with other pomades. Usually your hair will start to wilt and lose shape and lose the great shape you had when you first applied your pomades, whatever they are. But with High Life Heavy and the Voodoo Brew pomades, your hair looks the same later in the day as when put them in. That’s what I like about this stuff. My hair still looks perfect.

My Ann Bankcroft look alike girlfriend and I took the Amtrak all the way across the U.S to see my family on the East Coast. It took a long time to get there, but we went 1[SUP]st[/SUP] class with our own room. It was really nice. What a trip. We were like stars on the trains that we were on. We walked through the trains to get exercise, and all eyes were on us. It was like two stars walking through a room and the fans couldn’t keep their eyes off of us. It was pretty neat. If I were alone on this train, I think I would have met a lot of women, because they were staring at me like I was a meal for them. I’m hoping to use trains more in the future, because I hate flying. It’s nice to be able to take things slowly while traveling.

$voodoo1.jpeg

Hey Dagwoodz, this is good to hear. How do you like Voodoo Brew I pomade? This is some great pomade. It's more matte than the other Voodoo Brew II and High Life Heavy. I recently added a scoop of Murray's Superior pomade the last time I used Voodoo Brew I for shine purposes. The Murray's didn't weaken the hold of the Voodoo Brew, and it added some nice shine. My hair looked better than it had for ages. It didn't look great the next day though, but it was perfect for one day.

Voodoo Brew II pomade smells more like candy. They say it's a vanilla scent, but to me it's more like cotton candy. It's nice stuff. It's different from other pomades in the High Life line in the way that it's more of a volume builder. It has more shine than Voodoo Brew I. I like it, but Voodoo Brew I is very similar apart from the scent, volume and shine departments.

Hey Dagwoodz, this is good to hear. How do you like Voodoo Brew I pomade? This is some great pomade. It's more matte than the other Voodoo Brew II and High Life Heavy. I recently added a scoop of Murray's Superior pomade the last time I used Voodoo Brew I for shine purposes. The Murray's didn't weaken the hold of the Voodoo Brew, and it added some nice shine. My hair looked better than it had for ages. It didn't look great the next day though, but it was perfect for one day.

Voodoo Brew II pomade smells more like candy. They say it's a vanilla scent, but to me it's more like cotton candy. It's nice stuff. It's different from other pomades in the High Life line in the way that it's more of a volume builder. It has more shine than Voodoo Brew I. I like it, but Voodoo Brew I is very similar apart from the scent, volume and shine departments.

thanks David...I like it quite a bit, and prefer a more matte finish than shine, so that works out well. Great write up.

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | K+S Tea Tree and Peppermint Conditioner | Aussie 3-minute Miracle Moist
Voodoo Brew Pomade

12/9/16
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

12/10/16
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Tabac Hair Cream

Voodoo Brew Pomade

Top Bottom