What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

6/18/16 - 6/22/16
J.R. Liggett's Jojoba & Peppermint Oil Shampoo
Groom & Clean

6/23/16 & 6/24/16
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

Dax Neat Waves. This is some really shiny stuff. It reminds me of a slightly better version of Royal Crown pomade, not the dressing. Neat Waves has a little more hold than Royal Crown pomade, and it's cheaper at only $4.75 per tin. I rate it as one of the shinier pomades out there. It doesn't get as much fan fare as some of the other shiny pomades, but it's definitely right up there with them.

Ingredients:

Petroleum
Lanolin
Mineral oil
Fragrance

Hold: 2 out of 5

Shine: 5

Value: 5. You're not going to get much better for $4.75. The reason why Dax can sell their pomade for lower prices is because it's a huge company. This isn't some home brewer in his kitchen putting together redundant products one after another. Dax is a company and they put a lot of sweat into putting out great products like Neat Waves, Dax Green and Gold and Wave and Groom.

Washability: This is the first time I've used this product, but my guess is it comes out easy. It's like a lighter version of Wave and Groom.

Scent: 5. This has a great scent and it doesn't go away at all, period.

I had to mix in some Murray's to hold down my sides because the Neat Waves couldn't do it. The product is best used a shiny topper rather than a stand alone, but if you put enough of this stuff on, you can make your hair do anything. I just wasn't willing to put a ton of it on.

Top Bottom