What's new

Olde Apothecary Shop Style 1, Size 2 in Finest

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Photos of this brush were requested in another thread. I thought I'd post them in a new one in case anyone not following the other discussion might be interested.

This brush has been passed around some within the B&B community. I'm pretty sure it's the one described here. It appears none the worse for any use it's had, and I know I'm fortunate to possess it now.

The knot is 24mm at its base with a loft of 54mm, and it measures 3" at its greatest diameter (excluding the unruly outliers) when fully dry as shown. The tips are incredibly soft. I was a little concerned when I got it that it might turn out to be floopy and a challenge to control. It's definitely not as scrubby as the Stubby 1 (22mm x 47mm) I have in Finest, but the OAS has more backbone and scrub (with absolutely no scritch) when loaded than I expected. It's a joy to use and does a spectacular job.

$PB120440.jpg

$PB120438.jpg

$PB120442f.jpg

Last edited:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Still couldn't get the color quite right in the top-down photo. The first two are just about perfect on my display. The top hairs are white, but with just a hint of light ochre at the very tips, which I take to signify that they weren't bleached.

Top Bottom