What's new

the perfect knot

as posted by Andy on AAAC, http://www.theperfectknot.com/

thoughts? I think it's a neat gizmo but ultimately it strikes me as useless. I have no need for a device that helps me knot the perfect tie as i'm capable of doing it on my own. is this the lazyman's knotting device?

Yes, useless. Plus there is no such thing as a 'Double Windsor' knot. Half or full, no double.
(Stupid stuff like that brings out the pedant in me)

The "Perfect Knot"? Is that what they call those now, "KNOTS"??? Whatever they call it, it indeed looks near perfect!

A little warning next time, please. I'd rather not be subject to harrassment allegations at work. :001_cool:

On a serious note though, putting a tie is a personal style choice. A man should learn to tie it without a gizmo, whats next something to keep your pants from falling down :blink:

Yes, a gentleman should be able to properly tie his tie without a device. An accomplished gentlman should be able to make a perfect knot while running out the door with coffee in hand! Of course, a "Tie Knot Assistant" as suggested in the advertisement would be a nice touch as well.

It's not clear what the clip was made from, but I foresee embarrassment when this guy has to go through the metal detector at airport security or divorce court.

It's not clear what the clip was made from, but I foresee embarrassment when this guy has to go through the metal detector at airport security or divorce court.

agreed. I find it strange that anyone using this will be walking around with this hunk of metal beneath their tie

After watching this video a few times, I wonder (for whatever strange reason), will this allow me to tie a tie with one hand if the other hand was...you know...incapacitated for some reason.

Top Bottom