What's new

Help me decide on a watch face color

Which watch face color should I get?

• silver

• blue

• black

Results are only viewable after voting.
The band and case are silver.

The watch is for everyday use, so I will wear it with all types of apparel.

Last edited:
Blue! Has to be a dark navy blue though. I love my Orient Mako with dark blue face. Slightly more exciting than black, but not extravagant.

I voted blue because I like the colour better. But, depending what you wear, black may be more versatile...

I voted blue because my Blue Mako is my most versatile watch for my apparel choices. Jeans, Khakis, Wool Trousers, Oxford Shirts, Blazers, Shorts, swimming trunks, etc.

However, if you wear a lot of black apparel and/or business suits I could understand a preference for a black or silver dial. If you are more casual, I like the blue.

I purposely didn't add pics because I just wanted a general opinion.

My color choices vary... I usually prefer black because it goes with so many different styles, but some watches just look so good in white/silver (omega seamaster aquaterra) or blue (mako)...

Get the color that looks best to you on your wrist!

My vote is for silver. I have a Hamilton with a silver face, case and band that gets most of my wear on a daily basis.

proxy.php

Ben

Black is my #1 choice because it is the most versatile. Usually makes for an easy to read face and goes with all choices of dress.

Silver comes in at #2 as it can be a bit harder to read then black but can also go with all choices of dress (see hamilton above). The monotone color could appear bland depending on the watch. There should be some interesting features on the face to off-set that, such as a chronograph, or a pattern of some kind.

Blue at #3. It is generally the 2nd easiest read out of the 3 but can be a bit off with a few dress choices. It probably has the most character out of the 3 but that's not always a good thing.

Any of the 3 would be a good choice. Depends on your style and personal preference. A watch is an accessory after all and should enhance the overall look while providing something interesting and maybe a bit of bling.

Legion

Staff member
I like white faces on dress watches with leather bands, black or dark blue (or orange) for casual/ diver type watches. My everyday watch is dark blue, and my knock around rough and tumble watch is orange. I agree with the people above, the suitable colour is really dependant on the style.

Top Bottom