What's new

ID assistance

Evening, gents. I am far from a brush expert, but I picked this up on ebay tonight and would appreciate some assistance IDing it.

$$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZ1-BQhNHmCMIw~~60_3.jpg

The seller identified it as both pure badger and beaver, and could only make out "West Germany" on the label. I paid $11 with shipping. Any idea what I've got?

Well it certainly looks like a boar to me. I've never heard of beaver hair being used for a brush. The Western Germany mark indicates that it was produced sometime between 1945-1989, though the label is not familiar to me. Looks like a good candidate for a re-knot.

Well it certainly looks like a boar to me. I've never heard of beaver hair being used for a brush. The Western Germany mark indicates that it was produced sometime between 1945-1989, though the label is not familiar to me. Looks like a good candidate for a re-knot.
I was assuming the "beaver" part to be a mistake. That or an off-color reference to its intended use.

Is it the coloring (esp. at the tip) that suggests it's boar? I've been looking to try a boar brush.

Thanks!

Top Bottom