What's new

Just bought 5 Shavemacs - From the 'Expert Selection' Custom Made section :

My SBAD took over once again - and I felt I really needed to add some Shavemacs to my den, so off I went to the 'Expert Selection' section on the Shavemac website and ordered this:

Shaving Brush EXPERTS SELECT
Shape:173 - INSPIRED BY B&B MEMBER LUIS, FROM MADRID
Color:Brown Black
Quality and Size:24 mm Silvertip D01
Hair length ( Loft):46 mm
Knot Shape:Flat Shaped
Shavemac logo:Logo on bottom

Shape:102
Quality and Size:25 mm Silvertip D01 2-Band
Hair length ( Loft):54 mm
Knot Shape:Fan Shape

Shape:102
Color:pearl Imitation
Quality and Size:24 mm Silvertip
Hair length ( Loft):48 mm

Shape:412
Color:Horn Imitation
Quality and Size:25 mm Silvertip D01
Hair length ( Loft):50 mm

Color:Ivory Imitation
Quality and Size:26 mm Silvertip D01
Hair length ( Loft):52 mm
Knot Shape:Bulb Shape
Shavemac logo:Logo on outside

Handles I chose - neither of them in plain black though:
proxy.php

Wish me good luck - don't know how long it will take for them to build them for me though.........

I already own 3 Shavemacs - 1 woody Bruyers wood in D01 2-Band Bulb 24/48 and 2 genuine Horn in 24/52 Regular 3-Band Silvertip - so needed to add some D01 3-Band Silvertips and a higher lofted D01 2-Band Silvertip to my collection - and also wanted to try a Flat Top D01 3-Band, no matter how ugly it looks to some, it can do a darn efficient job at face lathering as long as you don't buy it in too high a loft and too thick a knot size IMHO

Last edited:
Wow, what a great selection of brushes! How many brushes do you own? Bernd shouldn't take too long, he's pretty quick making brushes.

The 5th brush on your list should be awesome! Pictures when they arrive are mandatory.

I'll post pre and post bloom pics of them all together.....

In fact I expect them all to be pretty awesome - for a face latherer like me :thumbup:

Wow, what a great selection of brushes! How many brushes do you own? Bernd shouldn't take too long, he's pretty quick making brushes.

I have 26 in my den (just sold a few yesterday), but I'm awaiting delivery of 8-9 brushes currently......

Just bought 5 Shavemacs - From the 'Expert Selection' Custom Made section

Claus, you continue to amaze me.

I have 26 in my den (just sold a few yesterday), but I'm awaiting delivery of 8-9 brushes currently......

And then you go and sell some and I did not get a chance at them :sad: .
I just hope I am paying attention if you ever offer any of your dense M&F 2-bands. I have yet to add an M&F to the collection. Maybe, I can in meantime just rent one from you for a couple of months until you're ready to try it in rotation :wink2:.
cheers and best luck with your newest new brushes.

Last edited:
thank you Claus!! I don't feel nearly as guilty now for my seemingly endless purchases!!! LOL

enjoy each and every brush in good health!! ;)

Curious, out of all of your brushes, which are your, say, top 3 favorites (if you *can* choose)??

Shape:173
Quality and Size:24 mm Silvertip D01
Hair length ( Loft):46 mm
Knot Shape:Flat Shaped

Claus, I wander where did you get this idea from? Right Luis.
:biggrin1:

Last edited:
Color:Ivory Imitation
Quality and Size:26 mm Silvertip D01
Hair length ( Loft):52 mm
Knot Shape:Bulb Shape
Shavemac logo:Logo on outside

This one is my favorite. Should be a very nice brush indeed! :thumbup:

That 2-band should be a stunner.

Question Claus; I'm sure I've read you say somewhere about a 1:2 ration on loft when it comes to knot/height for face lathering yet you've gone a little higher on this brush compared to the other 5. Any reason?

Top Bottom