What's new

Just bought 5 Shavemacs - From the 'Expert Selection' Custom Made section :

There are 12 step programs that can help you :biggrin1:

Only 12 steps, I need more to cure my SBAD :blink: ....... :drool:

Just bought 5 Shavemacs - From the 'Expert Selection' Custom Made section

Claus, you continue to amaze me.

And then you go and sell some and I did not get a chance at them :sad: .
I just hope I am paying attention if you ever offer any of your dense M&F 2-bands. I have yet to add an M&F to the collection. Maybe, I can in meantime just rent one from you for a couple of months until you're ready to try it in rotation :wink2:.
cheers and best luck with your newest new brushes.

You have to take into consideration that I'm in Europe, so shipping to us for a private person is STEEP - $30-40 steep.....so when I can, I sell to family, friends, coworkers and for,er girlfriends husbands :biggrin1:

so 35 brushes now? Do you get to use all enough to break them in? Nice choices;)

No, I will not be able to give a proper honest review of my brushes until 2015, when I have used each one at least 20 times (kind of serious here)

thank you Claus!! I don't feel nearly as guilty now for my seemingly endless purchases!!! LOL

enjoy each and every brush in good health!! ;)

Curious, out of all of your brushes, which are your, say, top 3 favorites (if you *can* choose)??

You're welcome !

Claus, i still think you need an intervention or help of some kind! Hee hee.

You could be right :blushing:

Shape:173
Color:Brown Black
Quality and Size:24 mm Silvertip D01
Hair length ( Loft):46 mm
Knot Shape:Flat Shaped
Shavemac logo:Logo on bottom

Claus, I wander where did you get this idea from? Right Luis.
:biggrin1:

Once I saw Luis' brush, I knew I would copycat it right away !
a serious brush collector that face latherers need at least 2 flat tops in his collection. I have 2 now, a Vie Long 24/45 3-band Silvertip and this Shavemac.

That 2-band should be a stunner.

Question Claus; I'm sure I've read you say somewhere about a 1:2 ration on loft when it comes to knot/height for face lathering yet you've gone a little higher on this brush compared to the other 5. Any reason?

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to dissect the brush setup of all my 5 brushes into details :thumbup:
Secondly - my answer as to why I chose a higher loft on the 2-Band D01 - and you most certainly deserve that reply - you see, I ordered an infamous Shavemac D01 2-Band back in June, model 233 Bruyers Wood in 24 mm D01 2-Band Silvertip with 52-54 mm loft in bulb shape. What I got was a 25 mm knot (which was great) but a 48 mm loft. I'm VERY flexible to brushes, like fluffy floppy Kent BK8 and Mühle Sophist Silvertip and Semogue 2-Band roughness scrubby beats, but what I got was the most scrubby brush I have ever tried. My old Pure Badger Mühle was silky soft compared to the Shavemac Custom D01 2-Band.....

i made a thread about it, and probably went over the hill a bit, because I was pi_ssed - but Bernd offered me an exchange to the size I would prefer, no question asked - he offered it right away, so very nice professional customer service on his behalf - I simply was not in the mood for standing in line at the post office waiting, and then waiting to get it back from Germany, so took a chance and kept it as it was. With my brush collection, and since I only shave 4 times a week, it would take until 2015 before this was broken in, and YES! This kind of Silvertip brush needs to break in, so I palm lathered it 8-10 times but it still is prickly.

But I knew I wanted another shot at a D01 2-Band, and I Love how you can make a wide variety of custom made brushes at Shavemac, so when Bernd offered me a nice account, I could not resist - since I love the whole setup on Bernd's brush web store - to be honest it's like heaven to a brush collector - so when I ordered the D01 2-Band Silvertip this time around, I made sure to get it in a proper high loft and in fan a shaped knot, because fans will feel softer on your face than a more pointy bulb will.

In not so short this is the reason why I went for a ratio of 2.16 (54 mm/25 mm) for the D01 Silvertip 2-Band and more like a ratio of 2 or shorter on the other brushes (remember I face lather exclusively)

also, the D01 silvertip vs regular Silvertip comparison should be very interesting

Yes, I now own 2 D01 2-Band Silvertip Shavemacs, 3 D01 3-Band Silvetip Shavemacs & 3 regular 3-Band Silvertip Shavemacs - so I can give an honest review in a matter of 1-2 months of them.... Also own them in different knot shapes and lofts.....

Someone give Claus an award! This is SBAD like I've never seen before! :thumbup:

Tahnks Vlad. coming from you, it really means something, since you also are a crazy SBAD suffering brush collector, just like I am :001_cool:

I picture this guy waiting at the door for his brushes:

View attachment 282003

ha...ha... a 'Roligan' - one of our football (soccer for us guys) supporters. But trust me, we don't all look like that - in fact I think
It's an old lady........ha...ha....ha :lol:

:thumbup: Wow! 2 at once is my custom Shavemac record....

I though 5 would be the right number to feed my SBAD this time around......:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Claus, yours is the worst case of SBAD I've ever seen on B&B! :scared: Congrats my friend, some truly great looking brushes. :thumbup:

Top Bottom