What's new

Pen Cases

As I am now embracing fountain pen AD, I would love to see pics of your favorite case, holder, pen box, etc. for some ideas.

That's nice, Marc. Every time I get close to buying something to put my pens in, I stop and tell my self to put the money toward another pen. Mine are in crappy boxes. :blush: If I had the money, I'd have them in Franklin-Christoph cases.

Re-purposed cigar boxes work well. Gopens.com sells the felt lined fluted trays that you can cut to your own size. I made this one a while ago

But have been wanting to buy a nicer one like Marc posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My $8 antique store find

$IMG_1885%u0025255B1%255D.JPG

Re-purposed cigar boxes work well. Gopens.com sells the felt lined fluted trays that you can cut to your own size. I made this one a while ago

Dude! I'm all over that, I have an excess of FP's and cigar boxes. Awesome idea!

Low tech for me, as in rocks glass:

I have a few Lamy pen trays on my desk and dresser.

A 3-pen Aston case rides in my briefcase:

Here's where I store the pens on my desk. It's a nice Japanese lacquer box that had been wrapped up in the closet for years. This seems like a good way to keep it in use:

proxy.php

I use a three-finger leather cigar case to carry my pens around with me. It fits perfectly in my computer bag or my little tactical bag if I'm going out somewhere. I'm envious of the cool pen cases that people use, but this will do until my ship comes in:

proxy.php

Last edited:
On my desk next to the phone.

I did give my boss a warning that if he "just grabbed" a pen from my desk, no pressure on the nib!

proxy.php

I have an old humidor that is really nice and would work great. I am worried that since it seals and was used for cigars it may trap some of the remnant aromas in with the pens. Would this be an issue or should I stick with a box that doesn't seal as tight? Thanks for the help.

Justin

you could always leave it open for a time to air out the cigar smell, i use a cigar case for my pens with no trouble

A Japanese pen sleeve I really wanted arrived today:
[/URL]

I got it from Etsy and it is extremely well made, both in quality of fabric and quality of construction. The above pic is a stock pic so I'll upload some actual user shots soon.

Top Bottom