What's new

Titan H1

$a6f85267-0b94-1428.jpg$a6f85267-0bba-a87b.jpg

For those members who have not yet heard about this, Above the Tie has developed an all stainless steel DE razor. It should be available in a couple of weeks.

It seems that we are on a roll with American-made stainless steel razors! I am very pleased to see this!

View attachment 277175View attachment 277176

For those members who have not yet heard about this, Above the Tie has developed an all stainless steel DE razor. It should be available in a couple of weeks.

It seems that we are on a roll with American-made stainless steel razors! I am very pleased to see this!

Yes, I tried it out, it is better than the r41 in shave results. Very aggressive but no irritation or nicks afterwords. I am on the list for 1 too. here is link for the reviews http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ve-the-Tie-Safety-Razor?p=4517681#post4517681

I am aware of only two other steel DE razors made in America: Weber and Tradere. Feather is made in Japan, iKon is made somewhere in Asia (certainly not in America, and not even in Japan), and Pils is made in Germany.

It is as good or better than the Tradere OC, which I love, and they went up in price on the second run. I will have one as well. They are fully machined in or near Kingsport, TN.

In all honesty, they are in average with the Feathers, Ikons, Joris, Tradere....same class and better shave ( I have not tried the Tradere open comb)
I like Weber Prices :eek:) Its a Big difference from $70 to $185 :eek:/ I will be honest with you there are way to many modern razors and SS ones that can last our life time for about 60 to 80% Cheaper and i have more then enough to hold me for a while.

My only modern expensive razor is a Feather AS D-1 and i got it for about $140.00. This purchase was made before any American SS raozr came on the Market and when one did i made sure i supported it so i got me a weber :eek:)

All and all $185 is a little Steep for some? But then again after you purchase about 40 Gillette Fusion cartridges its going to cost your over 200 bucks and then you have nothing once there used up, So $185.00 is a short term investment for a Life time SS Razor :eek:)

It is wonderful that we now have several options available in terms of SS machined razors crafted in the USA. I applaud the initiative of entrepreneurs such as Weber, Tradere, and now Above the Tie :a14:. Although prices may seem 'steep', keep in mind that our world of DE razor enthusiasts is relatively small, with a small potential market for manufacturers to cater to. I suspect all of the manufacturers mentioned are pricing their products in order to cover costs and achieve a reasonable return on investment. Cheers to them, and I hope they succeed!

Fully machined and each razor is made from a single piece of steel. It is a beast and well worth the money. Just my opinion.

If it's machined, then I would agree with you. Difficult to argue with the price compared to the competition. Can anyone tell us what the shave characteristics are?

I love the fact we are seeing new products from the U.S. Also nice to see quality pieces being made that can be passed down for generations (which more than justify the price).

I like Weber Prices :eek:) Its a Big difference from $70 to $185 :eek:/ I will be honest with you there are way to many modern razors and SS ones that can last our life time for about 60 to 80% Cheaper and i have more then enough to hold me for a while.

My only modern expensive razor is a Feather AS D-1 and i got it for about $140.00. This purchase was made before any American SS raozr came on the Market and when one did i made sure i supported it so i got me a weber :eek:)

All and all $185 is a little Steep for some? But then again after you purchase about 40 Gillette Fusion cartridges its going to cost your over 200 bucks and then you have nothing once there used up, So $185.00 is a short term investment for a Life time SS Razor :eek:)

I couldnt say it better myself.

Top Bottom