What's new

Titan H1

Thanks I'll take that as a compliment.
I have used a lot of vintage razors and a few new ones so the Titan H1 is culmination of all the little things I like from each one. I literally sat down with an engineer with my notes, a few measurements and some mental pictures of what I wanted. It was like playing music by "ear". It was a blast.

Thanks for the link. I travel in my work and missed this thread somehow. Every time I think my razor collection is finally complete, this happens. The reviews are great and, unfortunately for the ole' wallet, this looks like the next acquisition. The combination of dimensions and weights (compact head, handle length, and weight distribution) hit a lot of sweet spots. Also, if you are fortunate to own a machined razor, you can understand that there is something that a hand-machined tool provides that a cast tool simply can't. Its a moment of admiration every time you pick it up to use it, that the cast tool just doesn't demand.

What a great looking razor!

The Mühle R41 comparison is putting me off, though. I really didn't like that one.

The Mühle R41 comparison is putting me off, though. I really didn't like that one.

It yields r41-like results, does not take the learning curve, time, or leave the irritation. I just sold my r41, and a, ordering a Titan.

Will most likely have my preorder in by the end of the day. This sounds like the perfect competitor for the highly efficient but moderately aggressive razor. I'm liking the R41 but it's pretty much a no go for ATG buffing. For that I have my AS-D1 which is the king of comfy ATG buffing. I'll have to post in the review thread asking about the ATG buffing performance.

It yields r41-like results, does not take the learning curve, time, or leave the irritation. I just sold my r41, and a, ordering a Titan.

Thank you for that clarification. The R41 gave me very uncomfortable shaves and plenty of nicks. But this one... I can hear it calling me. *g*

Based on descriptions/reviews done so far, I postulate the Titan H1 to be more efficient than other CC including the Tradere SB. Some have already compared the Titan H1 to the R41.

Has anyone directly compared/contrasted the Titan H1 to the Tradere OC? They are both US made and machined stainless steel, similar in price.

How does the cap stay square with the guard plate? I don't see anything there to hold it in place.

Here is pic, 2 pegs
proxy.php

Based on descriptions/reviews done so far, I postulate the Titan H1 to be more efficient than other CC including the Tradere SB. Some have already compared the Titan H1 to the R41.

Has anyone directly compared/contrasted the Titan H1 to the Tradere OC? They are both US made and machined stainless steel, similar in price.

I had a Feather blade shave with the Titan Friday night, sent it back and used the same blade (2nd shave) last night in the Tradere OC. Very similar results. I may like the angle on the Titan a little better since it is more like the vintage Gillettes I own.

I had a Feather blade shave with the Titan Friday night, sent it back and used the same blade (2nd shave) last night in the Tradere OC. Very similar results. I may like the angle on the Titan a little better since it is more like the vintage Gillettes I own.

Thank you! Your observations are very helpful. I have the Tradere OC, and agree that its ideal angle is not as intuitive as with my other razors, but it does shave well once this angle is optimized. The Titan sounds like it will be the CC SS king!

To all of those who have tried it: My gold standard is the Futur on 3-4 setting. How does it compare to that?

Edit: With Gillette Indian Blacks.

To all of those who have tried it: My gold standard is the Futur on 3-4 setting. How does it compare to that?

Edit: With Gillette Indian Blacks.
Same level or better ( never tried the Indian blacks, just the Astra. Polsilver, Feathers.)

Top Bottom