What's new

What is your goal for shining shoes?

What is the goal of your shining?

• Mirror Shine

• Clean and Tidy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I was just wondering what your stance on shining shoes are. Today, I decided to shine and condition a few pairs of shoes. Right now I am about to start on my third pair. I personally go for the clean new look. I dont particularly need to see myself in the shine, but having them look new and shiny are just my speed.

So...

Do you all buff to a high gloss shine, or take it to looking very neat and tidy?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
This is my clean and tidy session for three pair of Dr. Martens...

Its not a great picture, but I thought i would just show you and see what you all thought.

proxy.php

I tend to compulsively shine my shoes frequently and quickly, to keep them clean and tidy. I keep an extra horsehair brush in the car and at the office for emergency buffing and shining. Mirror shine occurs less often, when I have extra time to be extra compulsive. Shell cordovan shoes are clearly at an advantage here - much easier to maintain that mirror shine on a day-to-day basis.

Hmmm ... I wonder what a badger hair shoebrush would be like :blink:

what's "clean and tidy" for one, could easily be another's "mirror shine". how annoying an answer is THAT?!

neat and clean is a good goal for all manners of dress and hygiene.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Isaac, I am sending you a crate of shoes. Please put a high finish on them and return them when you are done. Thanking you in advance. :biggrin:

Damn, you do nice work. :thumbup1:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Most of the time it's 'Clean and Tidy' once I leave the door onward to work, but once there I like a 'Mirror Shine' if I have the time (I do keep a shoe-shine kit at work just for this occasion...it's just the 'old soldier' in me...'spit & polish...snap, crackel, pop'.
proxy.php
), and my schedule is not too full. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Shoetini: 4oz GQ Fashion, 1oz Cool Attitude, a splash of indulgence, a twist of temptation; shake over ice, strain into a trendy pair of shoes and garish with lots of accessories”. CBJ

Most of the time it's 'Clean and Tidy' once I leave the door onward to work, but once there I like a 'Mirror Shine' if I have the time (I do keep a shoe-shine kit at work just for this occasion...it's just the 'old soldier' in me...'spit & polish...snap, crackel, pop'.
proxy.php
), and my schedule is not too full. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Shoetini: 4oz GQ Fashion, 1oz Cool Attitude, a splash of indulgence, a twist of temptation; shake over ice, strain into a trendy pair of shoes and garish with lots of accessories”. CBJ
I gotta second this. Crusty Drill Instructor here!

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I gotta second this. Crusty Drill Instructor here!
Joe:
Thanx for the 'shout-out', support and for sharing. :thumbsup:
I was on the 'trail' (senior drill sergeant), at Fort Jackson, SC (Dco, 2-39 [Rabid Dogs], Inf Regt, 4th Basic Training [BT] Brigade), from 90-93. I had 4th platoon...the 'Terminators';

"Platoon, Attention (and my platoon 'sounds-off' with...)"!!!!
proxy.php

"Terminators...the best by far...smoking all others like a cheap cigar. Motivated, Dedicated...Boom (lean back & lean forward)...that's our style...been that way for a
long, long while...
Kill at Will Hooah
!!!"

and it was a great and experience. I learned more about my leadership abilities, met many soldiers from different demographic backgrounds and acquired the technical and mental knowledge that provided me 'with a unique set of skills' required to train IET soldiers in a BT environment (and being ready to take their place in today’s Army).
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Come here soldier...yeah I'm talking to you. You better get 'locked in tight'!!! CBJ

Attachments

• $CCF05222012_00000.jpg
    $CCF05222012_00000.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Isaac, I am sending you a crate of shoes. Please put a high finish on them and return them when you are done. Thanking you in advance. :biggrin:

Damn, you do nice work. :thumbup1:

I think the flash makes the work look a bit shinier than they actually are. Thank you though..

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
what's "clean and tidy" for one, could easily be another's "mirror shine". how annoying an answer is THAT?!

neat and clean is a good goal for all manners of dress and hygiene.

I like to think that my "clean and tidy" IS a mirror shine.

... but who am I kidding.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Joe:
Thanx for the 'shout-out', support and for sharing. :thumbsup:
I was on the 'trail' (senior drill sergeant), at Fort Jackson, SC (Dco, 2-39 [Rabid Dogs], Inf Regt, 4th Basic Training [BT] Brigade), from 90-93. I had 4th platoon...the 'Terminators';

"Platoon, Attention (and my platoon 'sounds-off' with...)"!!!!
proxy.php

"Terminators...the best by far...smoking all others like a cheap cigar. Motivated, Dedicated...Boom (lean back & lean forward)...that's our style...been that way for a
long, long while...
Kill at Will Hooah
!!!"

and it was a great and experience. I learned more about my leadership abilities, met many soldiers from different demographic backgrounds and acquired the technical and mental knowledge that provided me 'with a unique set of skills' required to train IET soldiers in a BT environment (and being ready to take their place in today’s Army).
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Come here soldier...yeah I'm talking to you. You better get 'locked in tight'!!! CBJ
Opps...correction...I was 'on the trail' from 93-95 (my God...my memory is failing me. Must be suffering from CRS [Can't Remember Squat]). :blink:

Top Bottom