What's new

Ugly razor PIF

Here is about the ugliest razor you'd want to see :biggrin1:. It comes honed by me but the razor is pif from AJ, aka Blackman. She certainly isn't a beauty but its free and will provide some nice shaves, I'm sure.

We'd like to keep this to new straight razor shavers. Not that a seasoned shaver would want it anyways LOL! If you want in just post "I'm in".

Here is a couple pics of the razor. We'll keep this going for a week then pick the winner by a random number generator.

Attachments

• $P1010374.jpg
    $P1010374.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 404
  • $P1010378.jpg
    $P1010378.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 407
  • $P1010380.jpg
    $P1010380.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
I'm in.
it would be perfect as i just started lurking/reading/learning about the jump from DE to a straight as well as keeping an eye out for a $20-30 starter straight.

Oh, btw, it's open world wide.

not in, but very cool PIF, a perfect way to get someone started in the world of straights!

and tho I've not shaved off one of Rick's edges I've heard and read good things about them- so, if you have been considering getting into straights, or have been sitting on the fence, def jump on this!

I'm glad you were able to bring it back to life, Rick. This was my practice razor for honing and I mucked it up pretty bad. A slight smile, rust; not good variables for a newbie when it comes to honing. He told me there was A LOT of uneven work on the bevel. Mostly (all) my doing. Heh, I'm the one that probably gave it a smile.

Sorry I made you work, Rick! Hopefully you had some fun doing it. Thanks for this. I've said it before, but you're a good man.

Oh, and I can attest to Rick's edges. Just wonderful and great for someone to learn on. I did.

Last edited:
I'm in! Just a handful of shaves with a straight, so far. Could always use another shave-ready razor, in case I mess up the edge of mine. Just curious, what size is it?

Awesome pif! Thank you for putting it out there! Gotta love this generous community. :thumbup:

Not in, but very nice PIF Rick. This is a great chance for somebody to wet their feet on straight shaving.

Top Bottom