What's new

I'm excited so I had to share Gillette sales display NOS 19?

I was just given this item from a friend who bought it from the Paris flea market while antiquing. He has had it since the late 1990's and has now passed it to me to cherishis. The razor is marked made in England with no other markings. What year is this from? I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do
. $P1060284.jpg$P1060285.jpg$P1060286.jpg$P1060287.jpg

I'm not sure what model name it would be marketed under but "Technically Speaking" ...........:biggrin1:

to be in the Tech family it would need to sport a solid safety bar.

Just when you think you've seen it all...lol......Congrats!!

How in the world after all these years do we see picture of a Gillette Safety Razor that no one has seen before...and not just one...no....a stand with 6 of them???? You know what is interesting though, there is no Gillette logo on the bottom plate. The ad looks like it would have the Logo on the top of the cap but no logo on the bottom plate. That is really wierd because they loved putting there name and patent number on that plate for all to see. Regardless...very nice!!!! Congrats!

Last edited:
Information: The NF stand for Nouveau Franc, it was used in france from 1960 to 1963. After 1963, the french money was printed simply as Franc (F).

Last edited:
1960-63 makes sense given the handle style. If you are willing to open one and examine a blade, you could probably find a date code.

I am amazed that there were stamped-plate open combs made in that style and period.

I found some images of a nearly identical razor. The only difference appears to be the Nacet logo on the cap.
The made in England stamp on the bottom and the handle look the same as the ones shown above.

$nc.jpg

Here are some images of the Nacet logo from various blade wrappers.

$ncb.jpg

Simply stunning! You hit the jackpot with this one. My impulse would be to tear one of those puppies up and give one of them a go. But that's part of the charm of collecting a set like this.

In the name of science I had to open one to see the code on the blade, the one I opened was F-3. Does that make it a 1960? The handle is aluminum while the two heads are steel. $20120926_222655.jpg$20120926_222719.jpg$20120926_222839.jpg

Very nice. Love the arrow logo on the cap.

Are you going to shave with it?

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Last edited:
Steel? You sure about that?

Wonderful find, congrats!

I believe they are out of some sort of steel. Their weight compared to that of the handle is much heavier, but for fun I'll put a magnet to one when I get home just to see.

Top Bottom