What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

Well, I got this a while ago and it's a pretty good shaver. Hallmark, made in USA. Two piece and the top plate is wide enough to cover the blade completely on the non-sharp ends.

$IMG_6003.JPG

$IMG_6006.JPG

$IMG_6007.JPG

Here is the Cooper Monobilt I got a few weeks ago. I didn't see one posted in this thread yet. It twists to open, then you press the door into place and twist the knob to lock the door closed. This one uses regular DE blades. It is fairly aggressive on my face. It also is gives a lot of audible feedback, I think because it doesn't flex the blade very much..

$20130704_202329.jpg$20130704_202354.jpg$20130704_202443.jpg

I have this Apollo open comb inbound... I'll add better pics once it arrives

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
I haven't seen one of these yet. A Wade & Butcher DE. Since I took these pics I have also scored a box of 12 Wade & Butcher blades as well.
$Headmarkings_zps55ec9bb8.jpg
$Wholerazor_zps5d20d368.jpg

Bit of an oddball razor that i picked up a few weeks ago a 3 piece no named open comb with a couple of strange features one being its teeth are slanted and the other being the razors handle has a ball joint which allows the head to pivot which makes for a rather interesting razor design i have used the razor over the last few weeks and im happy that i bought it every shave has been excellent no irritation just smooth and close results making it a joy to use and a fine addition to my rotation...

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thats awesoem Swamps, never seen anything like that before, any place of manufacture on the thing ?

Bit of an oddball razor that i picked up a few weeks ago a 3 piece no named open comb with a couple of strange features one being its teeth are slanted and the other being the razors handle has a ball joint which allows the head to pivot which makes for a rather interesting razor design i have used the razor over the last few weeks and im happy that i bought it every shave has been excellent no irritation just smooth and close results making it a joy to use and a fine addition to my rotation...

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

What a great razor! Congratulations. Can the head be tightened to stay in a slanted position?

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
That razor makes me jealous. I would give my left arm to take that for a test run. How does the top lock into place? Does it lock into place while at an angle? Is it branded?

@Turtle I envy you where are you finding all of these sweet razors?

Last edited:
A really interesting find, swamps!

Thats awesoem Swamps, never seen anything like that before, any place of manufacture on the thing ?

What a great razor! Congratulations. Can the head be tightened to stay in a slanted position?

That razor makes me jealous. I would give my left arm to take that for a test run. How does the top lock into place? Does it lock into place while at an angle? Is it branded?

cheers guys in answer to some of your questions no its not branded i've looked all over to see if there are any faint markings but no evidence of anything as for how it locks into place is its a ball joint that is under tension due to it being spring loaded so once you move the head into the desired position it will stay that way untill you move it again....

Hello all, and thank you for this awesome thread ! In which I can contribute :

Le Coq French OC Razor, no idea about its manufacturing date. The case is quite destroyed, but the razor has a particular feature, it opens and closes with a lever ! I hope the photos speak for themselves ^^

Very nice razors! You guys are bad for my RAD :001_tt2:. I especially like the Le Coq and Monobilt on this page, and the Federal from Sir Lurkalot on page 8.

Very nice razors! You guys are bad for my RAD :001_tt2:. I especially like the Le Coq and Monobilt on this page, and the Federal from Sir Lurkalot on page 8.

And you thought you had things under control with the Gillette stuff,... Finding out all the other cool manufacturers over the years just makes it impossible to keep control lol

I have Gillette stuff? :blink:
No Old Types ?, No vintage NEWS ?, slims, fat boys, super speeds, super adjustables, nothing ?

Oh man your in really big trouble lol, have a google with "Mr Razor" you can see almost every Gillette kit ever put together

No Old Types ?, No vintage NEWS ?, slims, fat boys, super speeds, super adjustables, nothing ?

Oh man your in really big trouble lol, have a google with "Mr Razor" you can see almost every Gillette kit ever put together
I have a Merkur 1904 OC. I'm such a noob. :001_tt2:

Top Bottom