What's new

Barbasol razor info thread. Any info and pics posted here.

The same design was also made in the U.K. by PAL.

proxy.php

Yes it is. It is much more rare in the U.S. than the Barbasol.

I also have a Barbasol, but so many good pictures were put up so I thought I would bring the PAL to the thread.

Very nice! It sure looks a lot like a Barbasol that ran into a bench grinder. Awesome razor.

This has been a great thread. I know nothing about Barbasol razors....didn't even know there are Barbasol razors. Do they take the common Gillette type blades or do they take a dedicated blade?

This has been a great thread. I know nothing about Barbasol razors....didn't even know there are Barbasol razors. Do they take the common Gillette type blades or do they take a dedicated blade?
regular blades, not special blades

That's the same razor alright. The threading matches my Old Type, but won't reach due to the extra thickness of the base-plate. The Fatip threading doesn't seem to match.
Mine is diecast metal, not steel. I went to town on it with jeweler's files and sandpaper to clean up the casting imperfections, way to soft (and dull) for steel. It now looks much nicer than it did in the photos I posted earlier.

That's the same razor alright. The threading matches my Old Type, but won't reach due to the extra thickness of the base-plate. The Fatip threading doesn't seem to match.
Mine is diecast metal, not steel. I went to town on it with jeweler's files and sandpaper to clean up the casting imperfections, way to soft (and dull) for steel. It now looks much nicer than it did in the photos I posted earlier.
Looks nicer than before? Well guess whos curious now .....View attachment 265265

Yep...I have one exactly like the eBay razor - it's an older "non-floating" head design - at least from comparing mine with every picture I've seen posted in this, and various other threads. The shave is good - not as aggressive as my Mariner - it's certainly more aggressive than my Weber DLC and a bit more aggressive than the Parker 98R. I assume the actual floating head design will shave even closer than these "older" types.

Yep...I have one exactly like the eBay razor - it's an older "non-floating" head design - at least from comparing mine with every picture I've seen posted in this, and various other threads. The shave is good - not as aggressive as my Mariner - it's certainly more aggressive than my Weber DLC and a bit more aggressive than the Parker 98R. I assume the actual floating head design will shave even closer than these "older" types.
Yes, they are very aggressive, but not too irritating like some other aggressive type razors.

Here is a pic of a floating head with blade loaded (crappy pic) but shows blade stays (floats) up by the top cap, its like an adjustable opened up

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Top Bottom