What's new

I'm glad i make my own lather

i have been making my own lather the traditional way,with a brush and cream or soap for months. so i forgot how bad the crap that comes out of the pressurized cans is. with traditional the longer i leave it on the more it hydrates and softens my hairs, but the cans do the opposite. i'm sure there harmful ingredients in the cans too,but i'm not going to get into that. i just prefer a comfortable smooth shave with the traditional methods.

lol..when I first started DEing..my wife showed ME how to make proper lather..from watching her father using his DE..haha!

There are harmful ingredients in the lather you make too

proxy.php

maybe there is but definitely not as bad as the pressurized cans surely?
That really depends upone the particular soap. In general I trush the artisan soaps more than what comes from a division of some big conglomerate, even if both need whipped into a lather by me in order to use them.

In my case it's not so much the "nasty stuff" in the formulation it's the fact that the propellants in the canned stuff really dry out your face.
It's really noticeable if you go to the canned stuff after you've been on "real" cream or soap for a bit.
About the only canned stuff that I keep for emergency is the Barbasol with lanolin but any Barbasol will do for emergency shave situations.

If you want natural ingredients in your soap, check out MdC, Mystic Water and Mike's Natural Soaps as three excellent examples.

i use cheap products like derby, arko, and palmolive. but i have had no problems yet anyways :biggrin1:

In my case it's not so much the "nasty stuff" in the formulation it's the fact that the propellants in the canned stuff really dry out your face.
It's really noticeable if you go to the canned stuff after you've been on "real" cream or soap for a bit.
About the only canned stuff that I keep for emergency is the Barbasol with lanolin but any Barbasol will do for emergency shave situations.

+1

I have been shaving for over 45 years and I have never used canned shaving cream. I've made a lather with my hands and bath soap before when I needed to shave and was somewhere without my "kit" but never used anything out of a can.

I've never used a cart or disposable razor.

I have used electric razors (xmas gifts from well meaning relatives that didn't know what gift to give).

Top Bottom