What's new

Show us your Brush-Scuttle :) For face latherers........

I originally bought this as a regular scuttle for bowl lathering, but since I stopped bowl lathering and exclusively face lather now, I simply now just use my scuttle as a brush scuttle and find that it does its jobs very well for that purpose.

Even though we have lousy cold 'summer' weather at the moment, I still don't like to use warm water in my scuttle yet, but only use tepid water.

When Mr. Winter arrives I will no doubt start to use very hot water in my brush scuttle to get the maximum effect out of the scuttle - mine looks like this:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I bought mine at a danish shaving store called www.proshave.dk - I paid $50/€40 for it. It's a 2 piece design by the way.....

So what does your brush scuttle look like :001_cool:

I bought one of those gravy warmers at Cost Plus for $8.99 (see below).. works perfectly. My regular scuttle is a Robert Becker.

$88143d1327347353-cost-plus-brush-scuttle-pcpwm-11767710v300x300.jpg

I don't use them in the hot months when I only face-lather, but during the winter it's about 50/50 bowl/face. So I have a big scuttle for bowl lathers and a brush scuttle for when I face lather.

$IMG_1667.jpg$IMG_1669.jpg$IMG_1671.jpg$IMG_1642.jpg

I use my scuttle with every shave. Sara Bonnyman small Moss scuttle with a special glaze. I only face lather, and the scuttle makes a perfect nest for my brush between latherings.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I use my scuttle with every shave. Sara Bonnyman small Moss scuttle with a special glaze. I only face lather, and the scuttle makes a perfect nest for my brush between latherings.

I want one of those. I had the large Moss, but it was too big. I use the same gravy warmer as above for my big brushes, and this Georgetown Pottery scuttle for the smaller ones.

proxy.php

A friend here on B&B hooked me up with a spare he had after I hounded him about his, I was very lucky!

$$(KGrHqJ,!hgE+Ygzkw+YBQ!)zyI89!~~60_58.jpg

This is mine, I really only face lather, as I use Mitchells Wool Fat soap, but I find the scuttle great for a kind of pre-face lather and keeping the lather hot.

The temperature really seems to be the biggest advantage I get from the scuttle, but its worth it just for that, I cant wait until Autumn and Winter mornings when the heat of the lather will be even more of a bonus.

The other reason for having a scuttle like this, is just because it looks AMAZING in the bathroom. Even when you dont..

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
CHSeifert:
What's the different between a regular scuttle (I have a medium Becker), and a brush scuttle...just size?
proxy.php

I do like this Travel Scuttle by Dirty Bird (haven't pulled the trigger yet :2guns:);

$600_IMG_3960.jpg
Blue Rim on Spice (Convenient palm-size; 3in Bowl opening, 1½in deep and total diameter of about 4in).

Read More: http://www.dirtybirdpottery.com/shavinggear.html

proxy.php
“Happiness is the brush [scuttle] that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

CHSeifert:
What's the different between a regular scuttle (I have a medium Becker), and a brush scuttle...just size?
proxy.php

I do like this Travel Scuttle by Dirty Bird (haven't pulled the trigger yet :2guns:);

View attachment 274593
Blue Rim on Spice (Convenient palm-size; 3in Bowl opening, 1½in deep and total diameter of about 4in).

Read More: http://www.dirtybirdpottery.com/shavinggear.html

proxy.php
“Happiness is the brush [scuttle] that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

Just size.
A brush scuttle is constructed to accomodate just the brush.
A regular scuttle is made for the brush and for building the lather in there as well.

A brush scuttle is just made to soak the brush before the shave and then to accomodate the brush during the shave, with hot water in the inner bowl to keep the brush warm during all the passes of your shave.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Just size.
A brush scuttle is constructed to accomodate just the brush.
A regular scuttle is made for the brush and for building the lather in there as well.

A brush scuttle is just made to soak the brush before the shave and then to accomodate the brush during the shave, with hot water in the inner bowl to keep the brush warm during all the passes of your shave.
CHSeifert:
Hey thanx for the info and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php

Finally got an Ambrose Georgetown Pottery brush scuttle. Really like it.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom