Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face Washes?

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Face Washes?

I know a lot of you gents use face washes on a regular basis. I've never used one. I currently use a Dove Exfoliating bar (which is very gentle) at night before bed. What is the advantage of the face wash?

Randy
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
    Shazam!
    Another memorable quote!
    Hall of Fame
    Remember Alex Brown

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My skin tends toward dryness; even the most gentle bar, given their alkaline nature, makes my skin wicked tight and flaky. After cycling through many many options, I found the Nancy Boy face wash is is the gentlest thing out there. Just great stuff. I rarely need a moisturizer afterward (at least in the warmer months)
    -Scotto

Support B&B!

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Randy, I use either Baxter wash or Men-U wash. Both are excellent.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another vote for Nancy Boy here.
    - Richard from Canada

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, it the advantage that it is a more "gentle" soap" or a more moisturizing soap?

Randy
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
    Shazam!
    Another memorable quote!
    Hall of Fame
    Remember Alex Brown

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Men-U or Cetaphil. Both great.

Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have traditionally used Cetaphil as I get it dirt cheap through my company store (my company is owned by Nestle which owns Cepaphil). I'm experimenting a little right now but I still like it.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nancy Boy

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have yet to try the Nancy Boy but plan on sampling an extensive amount of their products very soon. That said, I have been using MenScience products for the past 3-4 months and very much like them. The face wash has a medicinal scent that I like (many, many do not). I also use the scrub and facial moisturizer on an as-needed basis. Again, I like the product as it, in combination with DE shaving, have drastically reduced the irritation, ingrowns and break-outs in general. Prior to MenScience I used the Glyderm Gentle Cleanser with variable success.

*Both the MS and Glyderm have alpha hydroxy acid in different concentrations and tend to dry the face out ever so slightly. The addition of some post-moisurizer readily fixes this problem.
    Last edited by teamacacia; 06-14-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    Todd G.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Baxter
    Nivea Sensitive
    Cetaphil
    Nancy Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've tried a number of products, as i have rather oily/problem skin...clinique, zirh, cetaphil, kiehls, you name it...just started using Nancy Boy and i enjoy it very much...very gentle yet seems to control my oil production

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Face wash recommendations?

I'm bumping this thread back up to see if anyone else has some advice on face washes?

I just picked up some JASON face wash and have yet to try it--anyone have some and care to offer an idea of how this stuff works?

Also, more than happy to hear other suggestions for a good face wash!
    Mitch

Go Green!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use the following face washes and like all of them at different times:

NB Face Wash - Daily use

Kiel's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash - Gives a nice 'wake-up' feeling. Sometimes leaves the skin a little dry and in need of moisturizer.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser - This has Salicylic Acid and really works well when I have the occasional acne outbreak.
    -Homer

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. - George Carlin

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just ordered a whole slew of Nancy Boy products. I hope the face wash is as good as all the other NB products I have been using, and that I love so much.
    Cheers, DJ.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FWIW - I use Avalon Organics Lavender Face Wash. This stuff leaves my face very soft and smooth...not dry like many other face washes I have tried (and trust me, I have tried A LOT) What caught my attention here (aside from the lack of chemicals)....the very first ingredient was organic lavender. I found this product to work well, and have since acquired the lavender hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, and face cream.

A big plus is that its readily available, at Whole Foods....and it isn't overpriced.

Forgot to say, these Avalon Organics washes (face, hair, body, hands) all lather like a banchee!
    Last edited by TraderJoe; 08-20-2006 at 05:05 PM.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use Clinique rinse foaming cleanser. Its about $19 for a (pink) tube, but it is fantastic. I used to have bad acne and everything I used either didn't work or dryed the heck out of my skin (and didn't work). The Clinique works great.
    No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, not powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord - Romans 8:37-39

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Neutrogena Razor Defence Face Scrub
    Nancy Boy Face Wash
    Cetaphil Face Wash
    Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap

Dave

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aveeno works wonders for me. Doesn't hurt that you can find it almost anywhere.
    - Justin

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wash my face in the evenings with a bar of Marseille soap (not the olive one but the palm oil based) gently before going to bed. I find that people tend to wash their face too hard, regardless of what soaps they're using. If I wash my face gently it doesn't dry out at all and feels much better. I always finish up with a Sofri moisturizing gel which make my skin feel and look much better (not that I need it *cough*).

In the mornings I do the same, but then I was my complete body with the Marseille soap. After shaving I always put the moisturizing balm next to the AS balm.
    -- Benjamin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast