What's new

NOS (1960s) Sheaffer Imperial IV Fine Nib - Initial Impressions

$Photo1.jpg$Photo2.jpg$Photo3.jpg$Photo4.jpg$Photo5.jpg

Even "nails" have their uses, I guess. I also love the look of the nib, but with no flex at all, I'm not tempted to own this one.

But it's sure nice to admire!

I love mine. It makes for a great work pen. I actually have a slightly bent nib and it makes it look like an italic. I keep meaning to send it out and get it straightened out then ground into a CI but I don't want to let go of it for the week or two. :D

If you want a thicker pen, the PFMs are thicker and you would get a snorkel with it. They jump way up in price though. I really like the touchdown fills and they aren't bad to restore if you ever need feel like going true vintage.

Last edited:
Even "nails" have their uses, I guess. I also love the look of the nib, but with no flex at all, I'm not tempted to own this one.

But it's sure nice to admire!

It has a tiny bit of spring (just barely there) but basically feels like a modern firm gold nib. You can't write fancy calligraphy or anything like that with it.

The steel nib Imperial II Deluxe that I got is basically a "nail". But then I guess we all have different definitions of what a "nail" is...

Top Bottom