What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

50/50 Postman overloaded me so I shaved my left with PAL adjustable with Chinese Schick Blade and my right with GEM G-Bar and ASR coated Stainless. Soap was some VDH Deluxe I picked up at Walgreen on clearance for less than $2. Lathered in a new to me Oldspice Glass Mug with a Frank Shaving Synthetic Badger.

Both sides are BBS. Very pleased with the G-Bar and the Stainless blades. First attempt with this razor was with a CVS (GEM?) carbon. Worst shave I've had since I used the Freebie Merkur blade that came with my Slant. From the sound I was expecting more that a few tender spots, but post shave alum showed minimal damage.

The PAL on the other hand was a bit of a let down. I used it on H and I did get a BBS but with a couple of warm spots and about 4 nicks in the chin area that I would usually have with my 1939 E type Schick and the same blade. What was less satisfying was the handle on the PAL. LONG. Longer than most other razors I use. And it tapers smaller as you move away from the head. So if it gets a bit slippery and starts to move, it tries to squirt out of your grip. The more I use the E1, the more I'm convinced that it represents the high point for safety razors.

My first SE shave. I use my grandfathers Gem Feather, Fuller brush and his shaving mug. A great shave. Long live SE Sunday.
$IMG_20140406_121125_744.jpg

Top Bottom