What's new

i need help.... explain this to me..

I've had good luck on e-bay. Got some great bargains, it's like anything else if something is too expensive I don't buy it cos there is always another around the corner. I'd rather just buy things as waiting for auctions is torture and sometimes I forget to bid or else I'm not online. Saying that I've bought great items for peanuts and I have sold unwanted items for lots! There is a buyer out there for almost anything you can muster. Remember, with old forgotten items, if you can't get it on e-bay, then chances are you can't get it at all, cos you're buying not only from shops but from anonymous people from all corners of the globe and that's the great thing about it.

There are some great deals to be had on ebay, almost all of them are listed as a buy it now and they go FAST. I don't know how many times I check the ebay app on my phone throughout the day. The auctions are a different story. I agree with Doc, people are looking for certain brands, if you look at some of the lesser known brands then you can find some decent deals. But W&B, Boker, TI, etc, go very high. To me it doesn't matter what the brand name on a vintage razor is as long as I like the shape of it I'm good. Almost any vintage Solingen or Sheffield blade is going to be a good shaver.

Almost any vintage Solingen or Sheffield blade is going to be a good shaver.

Yep. If they don't look like they have too much spit on them, you can usually make them well again. Of course, such narrow categories will limit your purchases and there are other nice blades to be had but the above might well be the simplest advice to a new purchaser.

I've "stolen" a lot of things for a song literally by looking at EVERY ITEM rather than searching for a particular name. It's a time investment but it can pay off.

Likewise. That is how I scored my Red Injun 101 for a song. It cleaned up wonderfully and takes a fantastic edge!

As for pricing, I agree it is out of hand. Especially when someone throws up a NOS razor with pretty pictures. Hopefully prices will come down eventually, but I am not holding my breath.

I have a solution. If you guys will stop being good buyers and looking things over so well I could get more good "steals". Also quit bidding the one more bid higher than mine (don't know how many times I have had a "steal" only to have someone come along just at end and grab "one mmore bid") That way prices won't be so high!!!!!! Any takers??????

I'm just quietly waiting for the New Year when I can take advantage of the shave purchase sabatical resolutions and grab some good deals in January :innocent:

I've been looking for a shorty candidate, and they are either way overpriced, or I get outbid. I never knew chipped tips were so desirable until I started bidding on a few! (btw, $15 is about all I will pay for a chipped blade at my doorstep too many possibilities it has a fatal chip/crack by the heel)

Phil

I've been looking for a shorty candidate, and they are either way overpriced, or I get outbid. I never knew chipped tips were so desirable until I started bidding on a few!

Yeah. As the thread suggests most razors go for silly money on ebay - I thought today might have good pickings for us UK razor hunters though with most of the population preoccupied with the Diamond Jubilee. Besides the buy it now (~$20 for three razors), I also picked up this one for ~$15 which I couldn't resist, just who is Tom Harrison and how the heck does he auction lions?

I picked about 5 razors ending while I was away for the weekend where I actually bid a little more than normal. The only one I won was right at my maximum bid (about $24 with shipping) and I probably only won that because the picture is so blurred. At least I can cross frameback off my immediate wants list now :001_smile

I find with ebay you either have have to throw money or time at it. I tend to go for time, I lose many more auctions than I win, but when I win I usually get a bargain. My most expensive razor was ~ $45 shipped and it's almost mint.

Top Bottom