What's new

Godrej shaving cream- Rich Foam

My country has a huge indian community sold in shops,marts,market that run by the Indians also used in Indian barbershops the scent is like generic soap or washing liquid for a car and soapy barbershop aroma even low quality cologne lifespan of the lather is very good its creamy texture moisturizes my skin very well
also lathers easily but i prefered the menthol mist because of hot weather condition. ive talk to salesman in shaving aids section then i said when do you bring back godrej creams he said no idea sir, maybe we'll bring it back sometime in the future if we find a supplier and also he said that hes a avid shaver overall it is a excellent cream and great quality

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqYOKiwE0qN3Q7ReBN,p,hmg!w~~_3.jpg
    $$(KGrHqYOKiwE0qN3Q7ReBN,p,hmg!w~~_3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 304
I just purchased a tube today from an Indian grocery store 5 miles from my house :cool2:while on a hair care product search with my swmbo, sadly they didn't have the menthol, but if I like it as much as I think I will go back and see if it can be ordered. Made a rich test lather today and will be using it in the am. I also bought some vicco turmeric shave cream that she told me to get, it doesn't seem to lather as easily or is very stable but we shall see later.

I have two tubes I bought in a great Indian supermarket last time I was in London, I have only shaved with the cream twice on a trial run, but was really impressed with the lather and nice slick shave. It's next up in my rotation after I finish off my last Valobra cream bit and remaining stub of Speick shave stick.

There are several Indian supermarkets near me, and they carry shaving supplies like inexpensive brushes and alum, but no Godrej...:frown1:

Yes, Godrej creams are great - I have the Lime, which I really like.

I got it from desistores.net, all the way from India, and as I ordered a few things together the overall cost (inc shipping to the UK) was pretty reasonable.

could get the vicco to lather well either , this post makes me want to try godrej
I just purchased a tube today from an Indian grocery store 5 miles from my house :cool2:while on a hair care product search with my swmbo, sadly they didn't have the menthol, but if I like it as much as I think I will go back and see if it can be ordered. Made a rich test lather today and will be using it in the am. I also bought some vicco turmeric shave cream that she told me to get, it doesn't seem to lather as easily or is very stable but we shall see later.

Vicco is a runny thin cream in my expierence. No comparisson to Godrej. There is a ton of stuff out there to try, don't get caught up in only a few products most talked about.

Vicco is decent stuff. Not great but decent. Responds better to bowl lathering. It's more meant as a multipurpose skin cream that works for shaving than a shaving cream per se (even though there's an export pack that says shaving cream).

Godrej Deluxe Lather is the same as Rich Foam.

Last edited:
Vicco is decent stuff. Not great but decent. Responds better to bowl lathering.

I find the same with Vicco - if I try it for face lathering, it doesn't build good lather but instead stays thin. But if I use a bowl, it takes a little work but then expands into pretty decent lather.

You didn't notice by chance if they had the Godrej Shaving Round Soap in the stores ... did you?

Mine did not have the shaving round, and I looked. But it's been more than a year since my last trip, and your store may have different stock. Besides the Old Spice and Godrej, mine had Dettol and the "Nice Cool" alum block, all at great prices.

Thanks man00ver, there is a Patel Brothers about 12 miles from where I live ... did a google search awhile back ... However they did not get great reviews about their store at this location.

Godrej is one of the better "value" creams around. It doesn't get much play here, because it's not English made with some sort of coat of arms on the package and a bunch of royal warrants-IE it has ZERO snob appeal. I'd tried creams from each of the 3 T's and Godrej beats them in every way, shape and form other than scent.

If you're not hung up on shaving with something with some fancy scents, skip the creams from the 3T's and just buy some Godrej.

Beerman

Top Bottom