What's new

I've been thinkin about it

and I'm just about there, I've been readin the straight 4m's voraciously, pouring thru the wiki and youtube vids, still hesitant about droppin the cash and still a bit a-skeered of it...:eek:

hope to get a resto sent off to mycarver and maybe let that be my 'learner' and pick up a poor man strop while I cruise for a nicer blade once I'm more comfy with the process. its a bit intimidating, much more so than going from electric/carts to DE razors which I was pretty comfortable with after only a few shaves.

I encourage you to take that step, doing it is the only way to figure it out. Also, there are many economical ways to get started, as I'm sure you know if you've been perusing the forums, so get to it! Good luck!

Stop looking over the fence. It's great over here. Jump in with something cheap until you're ready for something more. Whippeddog can get you started from razors to hones. The best place to start for under a $100.

Sounds like no turning back at this point, so whip that dog, Going to take more than a few shaves but you will find it so engaging.Down the road Probably not the best thing for the wallet but when you get to the poor house just look for a bunch of extremely well shaven men and come on over and talk to us.

Ian

and I'm just about there, I've been readin the straight 4m's voraciously, pouring thru the wiki and youtube vids, still hesitant about droppin the cash and still a bit a-skeered of it...:eek:

hope to get a resto sent off to mycarver and maybe let that be my 'learner' and pick up a poor man strop while I cruise for a nicer blade once I'm more comfy with the process. its a bit intimidating, much more so than going from electric/carts to DE razors which I was pretty comfortable with after only a few shaves.

you'll be pretty comfortable after a couple or straight shaves..

the initial price is a bit steep but no more than $50 it seems… not too bad a sum…

The straight is a very nice way to go if you shave twice a week with it you should be very competent within 6 months. You will get good shaves before then but don't expect to have a real great hang of it until then. If your going to make the dive in you should also try to use both hands (personal preference). It just seems to be much easier this way.

Top Bottom