What's new

Tobacciana at the Antique Mall

A couple days ago the girlfriend and I went to the local antique mall for the first time and I found a few pipe related goodies that I thought I'd share. I didn't purchase any of these, just snapped some pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is an old pipe ashtray complete with tobacco jar on the bottom.

There were also dozens of empty cans of Prince Albert pipe tobacco (do they still make this? Is it good?) and velvet cigarette tobacco. Plenty of the velvet tins were unopened, if anyone is interested in some really old burley.
There were plenty of pipes and lighters on hand too, but most of them were overpriced at $15-$20. I did find a pipe that reminded me of an Eric Nording freehand for a decent price, still considering picking that one up.

...I just bought some Prince Albert today. I would consider it the Arko of pipe tobacco. Sure, there is better stuff out there, and you may not like the smell/taste...but if you cant lather/smoke the stuff with no problems, your doing something wrong...If you are used to full flavor tobaccos, then PA might be mighty weak...but I think its decent...

Was that tin of Flying Dutchman full? Man, that was one of my go to smokes in the '70's. Haven't seen a tin in a long time.

Was that tin of Flying Dutchman full? Man, that was one of my go to smokes in the '70's. Haven't seen a tin in a long time.

I wish. None of the nicer tobacco tins were full. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealers dumped out the tobacco before they put it on display.

I found several old cans of Borkum Riff today, one of them was 3/4 full. The guy wanted $35 per can, but that sounded like a rip off to me. He even had a really cool Lucky Strike cigarette tin that was priced at $45. I didn't want it that badly, lol. I'd love to find some of this stuff priced right. Those cans you found Connor, looked to be priced okay.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Check Craig's List for tins. There's always someone selling this stuff, and it's always priced more reasonably than what you'll find from a dealer.

Top Bottom